Week Eighteen: Recovery

Silver Recovery Sock®


I had a fun weekend saturated with a triathlon clinic that culminated with doing a sprint tri on Sunday. Today my body/brain are a little tired, so my legs are up on the couch as I'm typing away. Also, I'm wearing a pair of these recovery compression socks, and seriously folks, these things are gems. My legs feel so much better:) I may look like a complete dork, but I'll take comfort over fashion at the moment.

This week's goals:

Personal Growth: Weed out my closet. Two weeks ago, I was formally measured (for a random potential job w/one of my fav clothing co:) and I highly recommend it! I've never known my true measurements, so based my sizes for tops/pants/bra's etc, on how I more emotionally felt my size should be (does that make sense?) Anyway, the biggest a-ha has been realizing I've probably been wearing/buying clothes one size too big. Actually, I think a lot of us do this probably. So, I'm going to slowly weed out the clothes that just don't fit right or make me feel frumpy.

Mom: Involve the kids with cooking dinner least 3 times this week. They really want to help and I know it will give them added interest to actually eat the dang food.

Health: Each morning, commit ~5 min to create and write down my food intakes for the day. I started doing this again ~1.5 weeks ago, and it's been great! I like creating my intakes at the beginning of the day rather than writing as I eat, because it's like having a map for the day to follow.

House: Commit 30min/day to cleaning up/throwing away the little things (ie tha random cra*) that accumulates in our house daily.

Again, these specific weekly goals are based from my larger yearly/life goals. I write them on a bookmark in my organizer and attempt to review them as I create each day. Would love to hear how your week is planned and going!

Comments

hey...I'll totally support the 30min/day to clean/organize the house...but the reality is that you can just follow 2 kids around all day and pick up after them. That "extra" time is invaluable where you make headway on organizing the house...this is a lofty goal. I'll help.

what about training? you rocked at your sprint tri...it was a good showing for you!!!
Maureen said…
Re: the kids cooking,one thing that has been fun for us it that I bought a binder and then went to the library and sort of gleaned through the kids cookbooks, selecting things I thought might be a hit, and that I thought they would be capable of without me getting frustrated :) . Then I photocopied them and put them in the binder. My kids decorated covers for their binders and now these are their 'cookbook'...it really engages them in cooking and now they pick things to add.
Anonymous said…
Maureen! That is a fabulous idea! You should patent that one...

Popular Posts