Week28: Forever Young


Went to my 20 yr high school reunion this past weekend and... it exceeded my expectations.

It's funny, but I don't think I can put a price tag on the surreal yet comforting feeling I got from being surrounded by my fellow classmates, many whom I may or may have not been particularly close with, but all having shared the same backdrop as we experienced our coming of age adolescence together. My class had a true motley crew of characters too. Seeing them now as adults and knowing we navigated the teenage years together was priceless. Chance initially brought us together 20 years ago, and choice reunited us to acknowledge that unique time in our lives.

Oh, and as you can see above, I didn't end up wearing either dress! I borrowed my BF's hot white jeans and tank top and called it a nite:)

My goals for this week:

Athlete: Sign up for Alcatraz triathlon and create training program

Mom: get kids in pool ~3 times this week

Wife: Plan a home movie nite

Friend: Get a playdate or two going. Anyone wanna come over?!:)

As always, I write these down on a bookmark in my organizer and attempt to look at them each morning as a plan my day.
Would love to hear about your reunion tales too!
WE ARE...YV! Go Class of 89'!

Comments

Popular Posts