What's Working (and not so much...) Wednesday: the Bump

Howdy friends. I haven't written one of these posts for a loooong time. But like I've mentioned before I'm being called back to my roots and these thoughts came to me this morning while writing my morning pages:

What's Working:

1. Kids visit the Bump for the first time. 
Kids got to meet their future baby brother or sister at our ultrasound appt. ;-)



 2. Using the Belly Band to cover the Bump:
I can now still wear my fitness t-shirts and have the band cover my bump. I tried it out for the first time yesterday for strength training and it worked well. YES.





3. Finding a maternity fitness top to cover the Bump:
I found this top at Old Navy- and I like how it's actually cute and covers the bump (the top support isn't the best tho...)



And now...not so much...

1. Finding cute maternity fitness tops (and bottoms) to cover the bump!
This Old Navy top above is the only one I've found so far. I'm happy with the belly band aiding me so I can wear my normal tops...but I know that's only going to last for so long.

That's what's happening for me (well more or less...) over here. So- all you prego and post prego mamas out there! Help!  What tops did you use? Would love to know!

Comments

Kimberly said…
Such a cute bump! When I was pregnant, I wore old race shirts that were unisex. My RnR Chicago shirt fit me till the day I delivered, I think! If I was at home, I would wear just a sports bra and shorts. My other favorite was a babydoll tank - Target and Champion sold them (also could be found at TJ Maxx, Marshall's).
ShutUpandRun said…
You looks so cute!! Bet the kids ar very excited. Hope you are feeling well...I didn't work out or run at all when I was pregnant, so I am no help in the clothing dept!!
Christi said…
First congrats! I have been away too long obviously.

Second you look adorable!
Clair said…
I used to sell workout clothes, and there's really not a whole lot of options for pregnant gear. I used to refer women to Moving Comfort for their plus size tops, and to Old Navy for their maternity line. Good luck!
Wendy said…
We're at 40 weeks and a few days, and my original Nike running shorts still fit. I have a pair of shorts from Target and a pair from WalMart that also work well for lifting, hiking, lounging, etc.

For shirts, I was able to wear pre-preg Patagonia shirts until about 24 wks. I can still sneak in a few Target (Mossimo?) pre-preg tank tops for yoga and all pre-preg yoga pants.

I have had to rely on volunteer shirts (men's size M) for some workouts, though they are cotton.

I've also lived (at times) in an XL men's shirt that a racer kindly offered to me about 4 years ago at MMT100. (Thank you, TW!) It's a tech L/S shirt that has been perfect and still has bunches of room!

Hub offered me any/all of his shirts, but thankfully I haven't had to use one yet, and I'm praying that in the next few days those pre-preg Pati shirts will be a regular reality again. (Come on Susanna Hope!! We Love You!!)

Best of Luck!!
AM! said…
wow ladies! Thanks so much for all of the resources. So I am leaning towards:

1. moving comfort
2. old tech race t-shirts

both old navy and target are pretty limited on prego tops right now. urghh....
Beth said…
So glad everything is going well! I am no help in this area but all of the shopping sounds fun to me!
Anonymous said…
Your bump looks so awesome. It's been quite a while since I've been pregnant and didn't really workout when I was. When I did workout, I think I just grabbed a shirt from Target and wore it, but I worked out at home, so it didn't much matter how I looked.
first of all many many congrats for you having such a nice gift from GOD.so many wishes for you and your baby..
Anonymous said…
I am so glad you are keeping us up to date on goals for the week. I do remember your words to me when I was prego and frustrated that I couldn't run like I wanted. You said "embrace the moment and enjoy being pregnant" They were wonderful words of wisdom that got me through that time.

Popular Posts