18 Weeks: What I've Been Up To...

Hello! I'd like to start off with this- I FINALLY feel better/normal. Oh, but let's back up a bit. If you didn't catch my last two posts- the gist is I'm pregnant! A fun surprise pregnancy at the ripe ol' age of 41. HA!

And with that, I had a pretty crazy bout of first trimester nausea. The type where you don't throw up, but have a steady state of major car sickness and the only way to appease it is to nibble on scarf greasy, carb-y junk food. Non- stop. No joke. So I had about ~2 months of that.

And now 2 months and + 20 lbs later (again, no joke) I am SO happy to report I'm feeling normal. Well, outside of feeling like I'm now wearing a permanent fat padded body suit. But my eating habits and energy have returned. I can't tell you how much sanity this brings me. Thank you GOD (or Buddha, Allah, Spirit, Higher Power, Universe)!

Talk about a humbling lesson. I was so excited initially to just keep up with all my running, fitness and exercise and watch my body grow a cute lil' bump and attain that beautiful pregnancy glow with long healthy hair and blah blah blah. Well- that was NOT my first trimester experience. My experience consisted of questioning being pregnant at 41, sitting in a chair outside (needed the air), eating crap food every ~hour and attempting to inject some semblance of a walk/run maybe ~3x's a week- maybe. Oh and MY pregnancy glow consisted of the red glow of hormonal acne. awesome.

But now I am 18 weeks. 18 glorious weeks! And I started turning the corner to normalcy at 17 weeks- That's when my dear friend took the sweet pic of me and the kids below:

Now I can roll with THIS look! I've also surrendered to the idea that it just doesn't feel as good to run with big boobs, butt and belly. So- I'm taking up more walking and attempting to keep up the strength training. But I think my exercise interests are going to change these next few weeks. I just feel it.

That's what I've been up to over here. Well,along with some other minor topics like what I want to do career wise, needing to get a remodel of house going- ya know, tiny things- HA!

But it feels cathartic writing. Thanks for reading. Tomorrow I hope to share about our Annual Turkey Trot. XLMIC will be here for the 3rd year! ;-)  

Comments

Brandee said…
You GOT this AM.. and yes, (I have to giggle) now YOU know about the big-booty/boobs-bounce...where timing & rhythm are essential. Champion makes an excellent sports bra for that ~Trust me. Go YVHS!
AM! said…
Brandee~ I Know! The big boobs, booty plus belly is just straight up HARD to run with! XO
You are so beautiful! I am loving more posts from you lately. So awesome to hear you're feeling better. Big boobs....yeah, I complain that I've got nothing but honestly, I think I like small and flat over my bigger nursing/prego boobs any day. :)
Just found your blog thanks to XLMIC. Great writing. Will be back!

Popular Posts