What's Working Weds: Medicine (Outside in) & Meditation (Inside out)

Hi All! Hope your week is going well. For me...I am loving the normalcy that comes with the New Year.  So let's get to what's working ( and maybe not so much) this week.
What's Working:
1. Medicine: Part of my wish list for myself this year and beyond is to continue taking care of my skin. I hit the big 4-0 last year and I gotta face the fact that aging is a part of life. And I want to take the best possible care of my skin now so that it lasts me a good 5 decades more. I began using the Rodan and Field's skin care last year (it was my 2011 goal to have an actual skin care regimen). And I'm finally getting around to reading the book they shipped me a few mo's ago.  I gotta say...It's a good read.  It's nice to read I'm doing a lot of things right, and I'm learning new info and tools that'll help me keep my skin lookin' good (fingers crossed). Here's a tip: After your run when you're face is really red, cool it off with a cool wash cloth. I did that for the first time (ever) this week...and it felt great! I think my skin was really happy. I know it sounds so simple, but doing this actually helps keep your skin happy and not getting the tiny red vessels popping up and staying around.



2. Meditation: I just got my hands on a  six week CD series that teaches the basic principles of Intuitive Development. I am so happy to have these in my possession. I'm really excited to listen and practice the meditations in my life.


3. Sweating Again: It felt soooo freakin' good to sweat on the treadmill this morning (and use my cool washcloth;), and continue to sweat during weights! Ahhhhh....my body was shiny happy afterwards. Anybody feelin' me with this one?


And now, maybe Not So Much...:


1. Needing Cold Medication: The DH was sick and I thought I dodged the sick bullet. But last night I felt the definite sick throat tickle in my throat. Errrrrr....


And I love the poetic visualization that Medicine is healing from the outside in and to Meditate is from the inside out


:)


So this is what's generally working and maybe not so much for me over here. Now...how about YOU? Would love to know what's working and maybe not so much in your neck of the woods! Talk to moi, talk to moi:).


P.S. ( FYI- I was not paid to write about the skin care line, book or intuitive CD's.  I didn't even tell them I was giving them a shout-out;)

Comments

Maggs said…
I'm loving the return to normal the new year brought too! Hope the hubby is healthy now. Anytime anyone around me is sick or I get the first sign of a cold I neti pot the heck out of myself.

Happy New Year!
RunToTheFinish said…
i am rrrrreeeeally hoping that my clean eating habits are going to help my skin get back a nice glow. funny how long we take our skin for granted!
Anne-Marie said…
Thanks for the cool wash cloth tip for after a run... my face is always sooooo red after a workout!

What's working for me is being back into structured tri training after a ~5 week transition/unstructured period. I like a routine :)

Not working is all the leftover Christmas treats and cookies...

Popular Posts