GFTW 5: Closet Overhaul Brings in Life!

Hi All! Is it me- or does it feel more like it's Week 10 of  2012 vs. only Week 5.  I feel like I've gone through winter hibernation already these past ~4 weeks and now I'm ready to roll. Maybe it's from spending the entire weekend gutting out the kids room/closet, installing a new closet system and dumping ~ a ton of toys out to our local thrift store. Here's all the loot that came out of the kid's room:


You like how the dog had to get into the thick of it? Yah, and here's the kids  new elfa closet system:

And I'll tell you what, with all the +beep+ out and a more solid closet system in place, I think we can all breathe a little better for the moment. And that includes the dog.

So with everyone breathing in some new life over here, here's what I've got tee'd up for my Goals for the Week:

Mom: New Chapter Book at Library- And...help kids put dirty clothes in laundry (i know, i know may sound like a tedious goal, but i'll tell ya- if they can own this, it'll be awesome)

Athlete: Put bike on trainer 1x this week. 3 Days of ST, 3 or more runs, 2 bike. I'm contemplating swimming....

Personal Growth: Listen to Mary Swanson's Intuitive CD #3

ME!: Brow appointment and buy 2 audio books on my kindle for my road trip (any suggestions?)

Friend: Be ready to roll down to LA when my BF has her baby hopefully this week!

As always, I write these down on a book mark I keep in my organizer and review it each day as part of my morning routine. And that's what I've got in the books so far this week. Now...how about YOU? Would LOVE to know what you've got planned in your neck of the woods. Talk to me, talk to me!;)

Comments

ltlindian said…
dog? what dog? I couldn't even see the dog! lol that is a lot of stuff! Good for you for cleaning it all out. I go psycho about twice a year and toss or give away everything. Somehow, we have so much stuff still. Good job with the organization!
Aimee said…
That closet looks awesome!! Sounds like you've had a very productive week!
AM! said…
ltIndian- Potter, our dog is hard to see, but he's a big black newfie in the front of the first pic:)
Wendy said…
Yes, it does feel like week 10 and not week 5. Is it really week 5? :-)

We've been on a massive cleaning kick in prep for moving cross country (hub and grad school).

Cleaning out home + classroom + mid-terms = day off needed today and what a gift! ... = lots of baking and a trail run with handsome man = success!
RunToTheFinish said…
ohh i love closet cleaning and organizing. it's a weird thing of mine but I do it when I get super overwhelmed...makes me feel like I have control i think :)

Popular Posts