GFTW 4: A 5k Date and More!

Happy Sunday All! Here's me and the DH in the San Francisco Bay this morning for a small 5k, put on by the fabulous DSE Runners Club. Yah... we're  cute like that. Truth is though- we haven't raced together since early June at Dipsea. So last night when I realized I had the kid coverage already set in place- I thought 'Heck! I wanna go too- and have a 5k date!' Me and him; mano a mano, pie a pie :)


And this race was my first 5k I did two years ago. So it was rewarding to come back with more wisdom, wrinkles and age under my skin. I didn't deal with the big nerves like the first time and I wasn't shooting for a PR in mid January. The sweetest thing was just running with my hubby. Each of us as equals, supporting each other, racing our race and having an adventure together. It was pretty sweet.


And speaking of sweet, look at the loot we scored! I love it when a $5 race hands out blue finisher ribbons and age group medals. 


And I swear, it's moments like this I need to tap my own shoulder and say 'Girl, you know, this is pretty sweet'. Five years ago I would have laughed in utter disbelief if you told me I'd be running races with the hubs and placing for fun. Really. 


But yup. It's true. That's me. That's us. That's where we are in our life right now. And I don't give myself or us as a couple enough credit. 


So here's to embracing and taking in credit where it's due. Here's what I have lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: 4 Runs, 3 ST's. extra bike, spin or fun something


Mom: Volunteer for Art in Kid's class this week. Finish and mail b-day thank you's 


Wife: Choose His Own Adventure: coffee, breakfast, lunch or movie date. He chooses:)


Personal Growth: Listen to Intuitive CD #2. 


ME!: WATER


Friend: Be ready for the call: my BFF is due to have her baby this week in LA. When she does...I'm driving down to see her!;)


As always, I write these weekly goals down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each day as part of my morning routine. This is what I have lined up for me this week. Now...how about you? What's on YOUR docket for the week? Any 5k's or races around the corner? Any loot won in your camp? Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

That sounds like a fun race!
Wendu said…
Love it!

Hub and I planned out a major gig yesterday (his lead) and then two trip itineraries.

Each of us was in awe of the other's talents and just loved doing it together.

Loving team work is best!
Christi said…
I have a 4 mile race on Saturday and I am doing it just for fun!
Born To Endure said…
You are so lucky to be able to do things like that with your hubby!!

Popular Posts