GFTW 2: Ready to Begin Anew...



Whew! And we're back! Actually we left 5am Friday from D-land to bolt back home to have a lil' down time before yet ANOTHER mini tiny kid b-day party for em' Sat (two thumbs up for a Round Table Pizza back room for 1.5 hr kid party!) and ANOTHER friend's kid b-day party Sun- I'm finally ready for 2012. 


And not just because of desperately needing to detox from the December debauchery. But because 2011 was a harder year in general for me. Granted- with all hardships come equal amounts of growth and untapped strength discovered, but still, it was hard. From my mom's diagnosis and yearlong treatment of cancer (she's completely recovered and doing fine now), to personal axioms tested- I was tapped in deep areas of my life.


So I see 2011 as the groundwork laid for great things to flourish in 2012. I just know it. I feel it. It's like my sixth sense telling me to keep looking up at the horizon. Like I've built the tracks, the road, the way...for things to come, so just keep looking up and out as the road will guide me...


And with the vision of my lil' A embracing her inner Snow Princess New Year Spirit at Disneyland as my Guide...here's what I have lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Mom: Thank you notes from kids for xmas and b-day! oy. Sign up for art lessons and gymnastics


Athlete: 5 days of 60 min of run/wts, bike/wts or stretch. I day of 30 min wts


Health: WATER, normal dessert no mas dulces! ~1450 cal a day


Wife: Mix up our regular nightly routine of dessert and t.v. at least 2 days with maybe hanging out in different parts of the house, talking, reading...gettin' busy...who knows!


Personal Growth: Artist Date with my new intuitive guidance tapes:)


As always, I write these goals down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each day as part of my morning routine. And this is what I have going on for me over here in my neck of the woods. Now...I'd love to know...what do YOU have going on over in your hood? Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

Raquelita said…
I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing so well. That's really wonderful.

I need a detox less from December than from 4 days in Chicago. So much good food and beer and not enough running.
Christina said…
GOod news about your mom. :)

Question: How do you count calories? It is easy to grab a prepackaged food item and add the calories. But how do you do it when, say, you are cooking and you have half a chicken breast, 1/4 of a carrot, some gravy on some rice/pasta? Are you going for estimation? Because I need to get my calories in check!!
Would love to read what you do!

By the way, your little girl looks a lot like you in that picture.
AM! said…
HI Christina!

I now do general estimations because i've been counting calories now for ~4 years. But I initially relied on a few website for their food calories...here's a good one in conjunction w/daily plate and live armstrong they have an index of foods w/calories;

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/
Fofy said…
Please vivit adress online flash 2017 new.
Friv 2017 , Kizi 1000 , Y8 , Juegos De Twizl , Friv

Popular Posts