GFTW 1: And We're Off...Round 3!

Happy 2012 Everyone! These past two weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind for us over here. Christmas was last week which was simply sweet.


But I also had a lil' of this as well:


My twin's  SIX year old birthdays...five days after Christmas. So their morning looked like this. And those blue/pink post-its all over the house were a bunch of these:
And having a birthday so close to Christmas is pretty cool b/c you can use the tree as sort of a Birthday Tree. It's like round two:


And what are those two sweet SIX year old Mickey Mouse wrapped birthday gifts under the birthday tree? Well..it's a new rolling backpack with a note saying in they're off to visit the Happiest Place on Earth for the first timethe first week of 2012:




I'm chuckling at myself as I'm writing- it's been a whoooozy!  My current status:



I am tapped out! AND...we've got Round 3 of the Big D-land! Good grief.


NO but really, it's all good. promise. 


It's just my normal Goals for the Week-especially numero UNO- will take a back seat (next to the rolling luggage) so I can soak up one more week of vacation gluttony. I still have my goals...but they're not the big, awesome over the top, let's get this party started!- sort of goals. They're more about managing in a sense. 


vmvmvmvmvmmvmvmvm (that's the car starting)......My Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Get at least 2 days of ~30 minutes of exercise in while at D-Land. I can do it, I can do it


Mom: SOAK this trip UP!!! Just B.E. Bring my good camera for pictures


Wife: Scratch his back and tell him how awesome it is he made the trip happen


Health: W.A.T.E.R and bags and bags and bags of carrots!!! 


ME!: Stick to my morning pages even while all in the same room on vaca. Write in bed, try to go in the lobby- just give myself ~15-20 min to write each morning at least 2x.


Personal Growth: Attempt to sign up for New York Marathon (yeah...you read that right. Wish me luck!)


This is what I have written down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review each day as part of my morning routine. I'd love to know what you've got going on in your neck of the woods for 2012! Talk to me, talk to me

Comments

RunToTheFinish said…
birthdays around the holidays have always seemed hard to me...a lot more planning! way to go rock star mom and have fun
Raquelita said…
Wow! The trip is a great present and one that they will remember forever!

My goals this week are pretty much about damage control -- trying to get a few things in decent shape before I head to a conference on Wednesday.
Christi said…
Have a great time in D-land!
AM! said…
Hi Everyone!
Thanks so much;)
Christina said…
I bet your kids will have a good time!
Always love reading your goals for the week. It keeps me motivated. In fact, I am sitting here with my iced coffee and thinking about my BIG overall goals and will formulate little goals weekly to achieve those BIG overall goals. Sounds familiar? Thank you AM!
Tab said…
Happy Birthday Annabel and Nicolas!!! Love EVERYTHING about this post, AM!!! Replace bags of carrots with bags and bags of red licorice!!! :) Have so much fun...lots of random pics of kids while at D-Land- memories!!!
Catey said…
What a fun trip that will be!
I love running when we go to Disneyland...the hubby thinks I'm crazy but it is so much fun to head out early before anyone else is up and wrap around the park and through Downtown Disney. :) Not a ton of miles, but definitely more exciting than my normal route!
Maggs said…
Awww... Happy Birthday to the kids!

If NYC marathon doesn't pan out you can always come dot Honolulu!!!

Popular Posts