Killer Filler Friday!: Wishes

Happy Friday! So this morning I had the pleasure of teaching Art to my lil' ones' kinder class for the first time. Initially, I planned a Vision Board- but the idea was quickly shot down- 'All we do is rip out pictures...' Okay. fine.  So then the task became to create a project for 20 plus 5 year olds that was fairly manageable, fun and hopefully novel. So I discovered a box of popsicle sticks and a bag of swarovski crystals I had stashed in my 'craft' closet. These materials became Holiday Stars or Snowflakes- which ever they chose. 


The process and project was priceless. Because your mom teaching cool art to your class is on par with Santa showing up and choosing you as the Special Helper. They ate it up.  


Now, most of us with lil' ones know all this already right? But for me, I think it was a timely experience. Because only a week ago I finally took the leap and gave notice to a job that despite being a steady paycheck, held me back from investing my energy towards my real life career passions and wishes...


And as I was helping kids glue sparkles on their stars it occurred to me that part of my 'career' wish was coming true and I didn't even realize it. The one where I'm simply a kick ass mommy. The cool mommy that teaches art and then eats with you during lunch. I felt it in my heart how lucky I am to invest more time and energy with my kids.


And no paycheck can replace this wish coming true. Well...maybe a million dollars.


nah :)


Comments

Aimee said…
Aww...I love this! How fun that you got to do that project with your class!! Being able to stay at home with my boys, while sometimes is challenging, has been amazing. Today, I was able to volunteer and lead my kindergartner's winter party, then go to my preschooler's winter party in the afternoon! Being able to share those experiences with them, while they're young, is definitely priceless!
Christina said…
Love the picture. Totally priceless to have your cool mom teaching art at your school! :)

Popular Posts