GFTW 49: Make up

Happy full throttle in December friends! At least that's how it feels for me over here. I just got back from a 4 day (yup, really 4 day) LA excursion to visit my pregnant BFF. The weekend entailed a trip to the Korean Spa (if you've never had this experience...put it on your list), presenting a 'fun' shop to her school administrators, a BABY shower and...a lil' make up shopping.


Make up shopping?


Yup, you read that right. It happened by chance as we strolled past the MAC store window. I haven't bought make up in years. No kidding. But as we walked past the window I hemmed at how much I needed some. We're talkin' just some light foundation or something (I think I was influenced by my make for the prom party last wknd;). So we sat at the mirror and the sales gal gave us a whirl w/a light foundation (can't believe I just typed those words...) and gloss. But you wanna know what my REAL super cool make up a-ha moment was? 


A new eyebrow pencil. 


Yes, I've had them before, but I think the color was too dark, so it felt like stage make. But with a a lighter brow pencil- the result is genius! Here we are post brow pencil application:
 Okay, so it's hard to tell...but I could and it felt good. Really good. Like I just learned an ancient make up secret or something. And now I'm spreadin' the good news to you all.


So with a new pencil to help shape my brows and holidays, here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Wife: Book Birthday getaway overnite


Mom: Find the children's meditation class I read about on a flyer. Get Nutcracker and Santa Train tickets lined up. 


Friend: Mail out 2 thank you cards, get holiday card stamps and stickers tee'd up for writing and mailing out by mid next week


Home: Gut out living room to make way for Christmas room:)


Athlete: Simple: 3 runs this week, 3 days of Strength training - or combine em'. Just get em' in- YOU deserve it AM


Health: Write my intakes each morning- This will guide me during the holidays


ME!: Artist Date- carve out a bit of time (~an hour) to do something for me for fun. Something that intrigues me- a soothing or novel experience.


Now, as always I write these down on a book mark I keep in my organizer and review them each day as part of my morning routine. And these GFTW stem from my GFTY (Goals for the Year) and Big Thinking Life Plan. I realize as we come to the close of 2011 and into 2012 this is a BIG time of year where we all reflect on what has worked, and maybe not so much in our life and what we want to create for 2012. I plan to post more on the process- and also how I go about my goal planning sessions that derive my GFTW. I'm really passionate about the process (uh...obviously if I've created a blog around it). 


But enough about me. Let's hear about YOU! What do YOu have planned for the week? AND...who out there is an eye brow pencil/make up believer? :-) Would love to know! 

Comments

Born To Endure said…
Since I have bangs, you can't see my eyebrows...so no pencil here :)
okay, so I got here earlier than I thought I would. :) I have never used an eyebrow pencil...don't wear a ton of make up BUT we are having a cocktail party here on Saturday night and I plan on going all out. Want to youtube how to do a smokey eye look but we shall see. I'll probably end up making myself look like I have black eyes. :) And have you ever tried fake eyelashes? I've always said I would never wear them but I thought it could be fun for Sat night. I don't even know where to look for them.
Anne-Marie said…
haha, I have had the same eye brow pencil experience! I don't wear make-up most days, but I've found that using a lighter color brow pencil is the key when I do.
Tortuga_Runner said…
I have been wearing more make for work this past year and I am definitely going to try the brow pencil. I am not sure what rock I have been under, but your book mark idea really resonated with me this morning. Thank you!
Christina said…
Love my eyebrow pencil -- actually, mine is a little pen ... Amazing!
Gotto have the eyebrows filled in ...

Popular Posts