Discover YOUR Inner Passions for 2012 through Vision Board!



Hi All! I've shared my Vision Board making process a few times here, and thought it timely to bring it up for the New Year. Here's my Inner 2012 Passions Board just created this week. I've created Vision Boards on several different themes in my life so far: Inner Athlete, Relationships, Career, and Family. 


I'd like to invite you to choose an area in your life you'd like to bring more energy and awareness to and create a Vision Board. Grant yourself ~50-60 minutes for the exercise.


1. Before you get started you’ll need the following:

1.     One large piece of paper for the exercise such as the inside of a brown paper bag, but you could also use poster paper, newspaper or tape a few standard pieces of 8 x 11 together.
2.     A pile of magazines and catalogs (choose a mag that you've always spied but never buy...;)
3.     Pair of Scissors and glue stick.

2. Now, with the idea of your Inner Passions for 2012 as your intention (or choose another area you desire), start to pour through your magazines. Don't think too much, just move fast and tear the images out. Let the mystery guide your hands and try not to judge the images you feel attracted to pulling, just because some may feel different. Trust the process, and simply stay curious. Spend 5-10 minutes on this.

3. When you are ready, start to sort through your images and glue them down. AGAIN, DON'T PLAN. Glue and move.  Let your instinct guide you.  What wants to go where? Glue them down. While you are doing this, notice your thoughts, your body, and your energy. You will know when you are done. If you are unsure, ask yourself, ‘Am I done?’ and you will most likely know the answer. Again, trust the process all the way through to the end.

4. Next, communicate with your new Inner Passions collage through writing. You can do this on a piece of paper or in a journal. Without judging. Be curious... almost as if you are looking at the collage of someone else. Start each sentence with "It appears that …”Again, allow yourself to simply write. Don’t judge. Just keep writing non stop for ~5 min.

5. Next, Identify any NEXT STEPS that came forward from your collage and write them down.


6. Hang your vision board in a place where you can gain daily inspiration.  Use your collage as a pillar of strength, inquiry and guidance.

I create an Vision Boards every few months to rejuvenate and refocus my energy.  I also use Vision Boards as a spring board when doing my own goal setting sessions (which I still promise to share). So...here's my latest and greatest. The bottom line on why Vision Boards are so great- visuals tap our intuitive self much stronger than words. They hit a chord in us that words often can't describe. That is why I love doing these boards. I learned this technique through my friend Heather Bleasdell :)


Now...I would love to hear if you've ever done a board!  Or do you plan to do one in the New Year? Talk to me, talk to me;) 

Comments

Christi said…
I think I will do one this year. Maybe it will help me make 2012 better than 2011!

Thanks for sharing and may you have a great year!
Raquelita said…
What a fun idea! I'm thinking of making a similar inspiration bulletin board to put where I can see when I'm running on the treadmill. :)
I did one at the end of yoga teacher training (July). On it I put "paging mr. perfect" and a whole bunch about child's play and personal spiritual growth.

Hmm....

I'm ending 2011 married to "Mr. Perfect" and with a near-teen step-son who is just amazing and the light of my life!

"Mr. Perfect" is an Ironman, poet, and ex-linguist (Special Forces)- perfect for this Spanish teacher/writer/ultrarunning volunteer! :-)

Yep...vision boards just connect us to who we are inside... and what we already know :-)

Happy 2012 to all!

PS For some (humbly-biased) great reads... http://www.sonnettics.com and http://www.kidseep.com

Hub is his own miracle. Nearly killed while riding his bike on a training ride when hit by car. TOTALLY recovered.. just out of shape and getting ready for Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3 :-)
Born To Endure said…
I haven't done one of these, but I think I will..thanks for the ideas!
Laura said…
So, I did my first vision board exercise from your instructions. Not sure what some of the pictures mean, but I'm going with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Popular Posts