GFTW 48: This Turkey Went a Trottin'

Hi All! Happy last week of November. I know. So weird, December is right around the corner. But before we get to that corner- I'd love to recount how great our Annual Grassroots style Turkey Trot went Thanksgiving Morning. The rain actually cleared just enough for our trot to take place. Again, it was awesome: 


We had ~120 people and made ~$1500 for Meals on Wheels here in Sonoma. 


And look who made an appearance for a second time! The one and only Marjorie from XLMIC:
I sported more of Punky Brewster look this year, and Marjorie shaved ~5 min off her 5k time. That's a lot a time folks! XLMIC- you rock for comin' out! 


And now...this week is the kick start to the Holiday melee that will ensue for the next 4 weeks. Well...I say, bring it on. I'm ready for it. I'm ready for the magic, wonder, sense of hope and faith that year after year after year comes bubbling up to the surface in our lives. I'm a sucker for it all:) 


I mean- what person doesn't get into it after skating in Union Square in SF:



So with visions of 5 year old wonder, excitement and Belief skating around in my head, here's what I have lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Mom: research bunk beds, wrap gifts for party, and read holiday story every nite


Athlete: 3 or 4 runs, 3 days ST or TRX, and look up my 2009 base training program to follow


Friend: Thank you to my BFF for an amazing 40th b-day. Finish party favors for my other BFF's shower this weekend


Finance: Quickbooks for week and month of Dec.


Home: Download Thanksgiving pics


Personal Growth: Have my BIG Goal Setting Session :)


ME!: Artist Date maybe in Los Angeles and time w/my BFF and LA friends


As always I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review it each day as part of my morning routine. That's what's in the books for me this week- Now...how about YOU? Would love to hear what's going on in your neck of the woods this week! Talk to moi, talk to moi!

Comments

XLMIC said…
It was such a pleasure coming up to run with that group of nice, fun people in that beautiful place! Hope the rest of your Thanksgiving was equally wonderful :)

We have FlexaBed bunk beds. The are sturdy and not super expensive but pretty no-nonsense. We have a triple bunk. They also are able to convert to lofts...high or low.

Hope you have a peaceful and loving holiday season :)
I'm glad it turned out to be such a great event!
Laura said…
Hey AM - Any chance you could find some time to tell us how you create your BIG goal setting session before you do it this year? I'm a new-ish follower and I'd love to read about your process. THANKS!!
AM! said…
Hey Laura~
I definitely will share my process. In fact- i literally just did a goal setting session this morning for myself for the next year- so it's nice and fresh. Will plan to post it in ~2 weeks ish- give or take;)

Popular Posts