GFTW: Connecting the Dots


I don't know about you, but the passing of Steve Jobs last week had a surprisingly heavier impact on me than expected. His creativity, vision and impact on the world is mind blowing. My best friend who lives and works in the tech community sent me the link of his Stanford commencement speech back in 2005- and if you haven't watched it...sit down right now and take the next ~15 minutes of your life and do so...


His speech brought up 3 points about life, and I'll hightlight one: You must believe all the dots in your life connect. Just know they do. This idea conjures up an image similar to a shot my Dad took of our night sky last week. It's of the current Winter Hexagon and having the right frame, lens and time... allowed them to shine and connect wonderfully. Just trust they make sense and connect:


So with this idea in my frame of mind, here's what I have lined up for my Goals for the Week:


* Athlete: Race Day Mental Map- make it for the Nike Half this coming Sunday


* Friend: Make baby shower invite for my BFF's shower in December


* Mom: Halloween fun all week- be it a pumpkin patch walk, a Fall Altar, color leaves, put spooky spiders all over the house- have fun with em'!


* Health: WATER, athlete intakes for the week leading up to race


* Wife: Make a point to genuinely tell him how much I appreciate all he does for me/our family


* Personal Growth: Participate in a Journeying class tonite, and Artist Date


* Me!: Pedicure before the race (it'll be a lil' blessing for my feet before the race.)


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review it each morning as part of my morning routine. So here's to believing all the dots connect perfectly.  And I'd love to hear what dot's you've got conjured up in your world for the week. Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

BEST 15 minutes of my day AM! Thank you for sharing. Seriously amazing. Thanks. I am going to share on my blog...loved it that much! Good luck in your upcoming race.
RunToTheFinish said…
i loved his speech, it totally made me cry to watch it again lately

I am in SF right now and seriously bummed that I will be gone before the race!
Aimee said…
His speech is so awesome!!

I love your goals this week!
Alison said…
Love the idea of connecting the dots, thanks!

Popular Posts