GFTW 42: Direction

Happy Monday folks. Before my GFTW, wanted to share at least one pic of my Nike Half Marathon adventure. And what better pic than a post race pose with my new BFF's...HA! I got a VIP bracelet which gave me access to a sweet post race tent where these ladies were chillin' (Shannon Flanagan and Kara Goucher- 2 world class American long distance runners.) And...they are just as cool in person, as they look in this shot. 


My Nike Half race experience didn't disappoint. It warrants a race report for sure- but I wanna share one more thing now: I ran with confidence and fairly well. I hadn't run the course for 3 years and it was empowering to feel all my newly gained experience and knowledge supporting my two lil' feet.


And I'm excited to see how this race experience will help shape my athlete goals for 2012 and beyond. I really don't know what direction I want to run towards but I'm giving myself the next few months to play around with ideas...


So with playing around with different/new ideas for 2012 and beyond- here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Try out Cross fit this week. Race is over and I can start super weight training, etc.


Mom: New running shoes for my lil' A. Play and color with each. Create phone/email tree for their kinder classroom


Friend: Create/finalize 2 baby shower invites


Wife: Catch myself being more emotionally honest


Personal Growth:  Let's do another ~20 min shamanic journey this week!


ME!: Artist Date


Home: Light some scented candles, mix up our home altar


Finances: Re-read Bill Paying Challenge from my Law of Attraction mag.


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each day as part of my morning routine. This is what I have on my docket this week. Now....how about YOU? What do you have on YOUR radar this week? Would love, love, love to know. And do you know what direction your feet are headed for 2012? Would love to hear.





Comments

ShutUpandRun said…
That is so cool you got to hang out with those girls!! Glad you had a good time. You just inspired me to look into Cross Fit!
Quinton J said…
that pic is so bad-ass.
what did they have to do to get in a photo with you?
Anne-Marie said…
That's awesome you got to meet those super fast ladies! :)

For 2012 I'm heading back into Ironman territory... long training days, here I come!
I'm so glad the race went well!

Cross Fit sounds scary!
Beth said…
I am dying of Jealousy, you are a lucky girl!
Wow Shannon and Kara you are a lucky lady. Great pic!
so freaking awesome and adorable pic :)
Caratunk Girl said…
Hey there stranger!!

Awesome you got to hang with those girls!! LOVE the picture!

I have always wanted to try Xfit but there is nothing near me.

Popular Posts