What's Working (...and not so much) Thursday!

Hi all! Let's get to it...What's Workin': 
1. Dude time. As my DH reminded me...it's a bit serendipitous that I set out to focus on kid time, and was granted a household of sick ones- who needed extra rest and TLC from me this week. Lil' N was coughing just a bit too much to warrant a day in school, so we had our first legit me and him 'sick day' today. And who can't get enough of kids in shrunken pj's w/vans, a football, soccer ball, and microphone in tote-all to create his own sport stadium this morning...


2. Fall sunlight: I love the sun angle in the Fall sky. It's still pretty hot over here in Cali at the moment (90 degrees), but with the low sun angles and days getting shorter...It makes me ____________________ (a lot a different words I could use).


3. Purging the Home: These bags look like trash since I have them all strewn around our recycling can, BUT they're part of ~10 bags of kids' toys and clothes I gutted out from our house. And lemme tell ya...it feels so STINKIN' good to have the home purged of it all! I really think we're all breathing more relaxed  (well, and coughing and sneezing too but I digress), and it can almost feel like I have a new home. almost...


And now...What's not so much:


1. Sickness: With a house full of sickies it was only inevitable that I too would fall prey to the cough/cold. So I did, and now I keep wiping my nose as I'm typing along. I'm hoping today is the apex of it all. Fingers crossed eh?


2. Nutrition/fitness slacking: I can't really put my finger on it, b/c if I could I would attempt to solve it- but I'm not happy with my current state of fitness. I may be comparing myself to last year where I was coming off a year of intense training- so yah..I'm not as fit. But I feel like I could still feel as good physically as I did a year ago w/out the ~10-15 hr workout weeks. Huh, just writing out right there gave me a lil' clarity (i love writing this blog!). But it still weird to feel this way...ugh. 


And that's what's pretty much working and not so much for me so far this week over here. Now...how about YOU?? Would love to know! What's working and maybe not so much for you over in your camp. Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

Maggs said…
Hope he feels better soon!
XLMIC said…
Working: just taking my workouts one day at a time.

Not working: getting hung up on some miscommunications and perceived slights. Need to just let it all go :)
Miz said…
not working: NEED MORE SLEEP!!!
Anne said…
Hope everyone feels better quickly. Over here, what's working is that pre-marathon week is going well. Lots of sleep and eating the right foods. Not so good is that my foot remains mildly irritated. We'll see :)
Aimee said…
Aw...I'm sorry your house is full of sickness! That is soo hard. I hope you and your family get better soon!

Popular Posts