GFTW 39: It's Vintage 5k Time!

HI! So, I'll tell ya right now another reason why I love this blog: I don't have anywhere else to recall my experience and times other than my lil' blog posts. And today was my third year to run in a sweet little 5k down the road from my house that has been such a seminal race in my fitness/running career. 
Back in 2009- this was my first 5k (I had run 10k's, halves), and I took first OA female and was s.t.o.k.e.d! 
Then in 2010 I had a pretty intense base of training under my belt with HIM training- so knew I had the fitness to run a faster 5k, and I did by ~30+ seconds.


And now this morning in 2011...I didn't have the fitness of a year ago, nor the speed training- so sorta didn't know what to expect (I know...this is such a common mental thread in my life eh?) Plus I got to contend with a pretty gnarly cold so didn't even know if I would 'race' it. Of course I had to race it right? So I set off and raced w/my DH and came in as first OA female. 


And I'll tell ya...as I'm sitting here typing now, I am WAY more stoked/relieved/happy than I thought I'd be! Despite telling myself I'd be fine w/whatever time/place- it's just sweet to have the first female OA-despite the time (which actually was the exact same as 2009!)

So, I am COMPLETELY show boating my trio-race trend of this 5k with the pic above. If not in a blog, where can I??;-)


But actually, I'll share with you an even sweeter part of the experience. There was a kids' race afterwards. In years past A & N had zero interest in it, so didn't.  But for whatever reason they both super wanted to race it this year. So they did, and the smiles beaming on their faces as they came into the finish line was just too cute.  


Here's A doing her thing:
We all got something from this race this morning. Ahhh...the evolution of racing and life eh? 


So with this theme in my head here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Try a cross fit class this week. Computrainer 2 x's this week, 3 runs, and 3 days of ST.


Mom: Play a game with them for ~10-15 min each day. Soccer, board game, I spy, relay race


Health: Carrots instead of chocolate chips. I snack on those dang chocolate chips while doing the dinner dishes- have those carrots instead


Home: Make a tiny home altar for Love, prosperity, health and good fortune. I have the nook, now want to create it...


Personal Growth: Artist Date for myself for an hour- go and be a kid and do something my lil' inner kid wants to do- no judging or expections. just have fun.


ME!: Have that massage this week..;-)


As always, I write these out on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as part of my morning routine. So this is what I've got on my radar for this week. Now...how about YOU? I'd love to hear what you have cooking in your pot for the week! Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

Congrats on rocking this race for a third time! That's AWESOME.
Maureen said…
Hey, just catching up on too too backlogged GFW posts.....! Why does life get so busy?! So, just want to say love ya, congrats on the big race and stellar outcome and hope to see you soon.
I want to see what your inner artist comes up with! So great for you! And your parent goal is great...I should go play at game right now!
That is awesome that yourkuds were excited to run. I see future runners there.
Sorry about my spelling mistakes above, my iPad is touchy...lol

Popular Posts