GFTW 37: Frolicking into Fall...

Okay, okay, I have good reason I'm posting my GFTW a bit late. Yesterday was my (drum roll please....) t.w.e.l.v.e year anniversary. I know. I can't believe it's been twelve years. I almost wish I could say it's our 5th year or something cute like that b/c twelve years can really date a person ya know? 
And we were all set to do a trapeze class together, but it got cancelled. So with a sitter still set for a good 4-5 hours we decided instead to use a slew of gift cards we had stocked up from Nordstrom, Athleta, Arch Rival, and Apple and have a fun shopping spree. And lemme tell ya...it was FUN! First, we haven't spent endless hours shopping together in years. And we just splurged and got things we wanted vs. needed. How's that for change? And there was no change. We spent it all. Down to the last ~6 bucks I had on a Starbucks card. nice.


So wanted to show off my splurge purchase of my cute Fall Frye boot. Kickin' it in my office you could say:
This picture doesn't really do em' justice. They just feel like a kick 'a' boot. My feet are happy. And now I get to wear them in Fall and beyond and think about us together frolicking in a fun shopping adventure. ;-)


So with fun and Fall on the brain, here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Get in two of my training sessions this week at 6am. If I do that, I have WAY more free time when kids are in school...


Mom: Make playdough for kids' class, check out chapter book from their school library. 


Home: Continue Bill Paying Challenge from Law of Attraction magazine. Send pictures chosen for our dining room to photographer.  


ME!: Artist Date- carve out 1 hour to go play and entertain the lil' artist/child in me. 


Personal Growth: 2 Creative exercises this week minimum- either from Artist's Way, or one's I've created. 


Friend: Plan a date night with a friend or two- dinner and a movie sounds fun, fun, fun...


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as part of my morning routine. And that's what I have lined up over here. Now....how about YOU? What's on your radar for the week? Would love to know! Talk to moi!

Comments

My big goal right now is to take a shower and get dressed in something OTHER than running gear to pick my daughter up in. ha. The little things. Oh, and to fill out preschool paper work. Happy 12 years! Trapeze class...awesome!
Teamarcia said…
Love the boots! What a fun shopping spree.
Unknown said…
wow congratulations! How did autumn come so fast, we never even got a summer over here!
XLMIC said…
Happy, happy anniversary! I think that sounds like a very fun way to celebrate :)
My hubby and I did a shopping spree on our honeymoon, so now shopping like that always brings back memories! Ah to be kid free and have money again!
RunToTheFinish said…
awww happy anniversary!!! I agree we used to do things like furniture shopping etc, but have things now so we haven't gone in ages. OHH and we have a trapeze class that I have been trying to talk david in to!!
Those boots are cute!

Happy Anniversary!

Popular Posts