GFTW 36: Love the Sun in the Mix!

Happy Labor Day to all my US of A friends;-) For me, we're out at Stinson Beach, I squeezed in my ~10 mile run this am on the beach/lagoon, and the sun decided to come out and play. Can I just say- STOKED over here. So what better way to capture the mood than (yet another) self portrait shot at the beach....HA! 


But I swear life is good when the sun is out. 


So in the spirit of sun, BBQ's and and beautiful beachy weather... here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Get outta my head during my workouts. Who's with me on this?! Just be in the moment of my exercise and catch myself 'thinking' (which is prety much all the time) try bringing it back to just being in that moment. Attempt this at least twice...how's that sound?


Mom: Less TV and more reading, both for my kids and me. We're starting to get in the habit of watching too much tv. Soooo new schedule: ~20 min in the am TOPS, ~20 min in the afternoon, and ~30 min at night. Seems reasonable.


Home: Embrace my Bill Paying Challenge (an exercise I learned from the Law of Attraction magazine) and do follow up calls on a few health insurance bills. Deep breaths on this one AM!


Personal Growth: Continue carving out space to re-read Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I absolutely *heart* this book.


ME!: Carve out the time to do some of the Creative Living exercises I'm incorporating into my practice.


As always I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and read them each morning as part of my morning routine. And that's what I've got on the books so far this week. Now...how about YOU? What do YOU have goin' on in your neck of the woods this week? Would love, love, love to know! 


Happy Monday and week to you all!

Comments

Raquelita said…
Ah! Running on the beach sounds so nice! My goals for the week include making an apt. with the chiropractor and getting a few paragraphs written.
XLMIC said…
Sunshine at Stinson! It truly doesn't get much better than that :)
justme said…
i so need to start up my goals for the week again. school starts tomorrow for one of my girls so hoping my schedule will start forming
Unknown said…
I wish I'd taken running gear to ibiza with me to run on the beach... well I did except my shoes ended up being unsuitable and I didn't fancy going barefoot... My goal this week is to get more sleep, I do not get enough at the mo!
I do know just what you mean about getting out of your head while working out. I have that problem and I definitely see a difference between when I'm focused on what I'm doing and distracted by anything else.
RunToTheFinish said…
less tv, i never thought I would need to say that to myself...but I think that needs to be on my list
Jealous.....beach, sun......jealous

Popular Posts