Awesomeness

This morning I reminded about the awesomeness we all have within in us. It's actually our lil' inner five year old self that's always been there and would just love to come out and play anytime we wish...

And as a mom of five year old twins, it's pretty great to wake up each morning and see all the awesomeness of real five year olds in the living.

The lil' wise soul wakes up ready for the adventure of the day. She knows she can play with the earth and universe's power- its safe and there for us to create. Making up games like 'Explore the World',  finding weathered stickers and old snail shells and seeing them as honest to goodness treasures. Because they are.

The unabashed wonder, curiosity and confidence. It's all there within us and ready to play. I think our lil' five year old self would just love a little attention today. Let's go for a walk and find a few treasures. Color a picture and just color. Don't worry about the outcome. Just color. Or walk into a toy store, a gem store, a candy shop, and treat yourself to something. 

Run down the street- for no other reason than to feel your body move and your awesomeness abound.


:)

Comments

Raquelita said…
Love it! I went apple picking at an orchard this afternoon and through a corn maize. I hadn't done either in years, and it was so much fun!
Unknown said…
what a great post and long time lady!!
I have been so out of it as far as commenting goes but thought I really should say hello.

I am taking the kids with me tomorrow for our barefoot runners meetup and they are so excited to run!
They LOVE TO RUN! Especially my 5 year old Milo. He tells me sometimes out of the blue that he just loves to run :)

I don't push them to anything really but am secretly very happy that the little ones love to move so much!
Anne said…
Awesome post Anne-Marie :)
RunToTheFinish said…
it's true we lose so much of what we know innately as we grow up...if we could only hold on to all that joy
Tab said…
Beautiful reminder, AM!!!!
Indulging the inner child is a very good idea. And sounds a lot more fun than the house cleaning I'm putting off to read blogs! :-)
Jennifer said…
Very inspiring. I needed that this week! Thanks!

Popular Posts