What's Working (and not so much) Wednesday!

Hi All! Okie Dokie...What's Working:
1. Biking to Work (aka my new lil' cute office) : My new lil' office is ~1 mile from my house, so it's sorta silly to not try and at least attempt to ride my cute lil' cruiser to my cute lil' office. Yes, I am really using 'cute lil''- as descriptors for this experience. Because I really do love it. Now...I may look a bit dorky with my bike helmet on as I'm trying to look cute to work...but I need to keep my noggin' workin for all this to work right?


 2. My Cute lil' Office: 
So uh, yah...it's still pretty much a blank slate- this is only my second week really in it. But I am just in love with all it's possibility. And I have an idea of what I want to be doing and creating in it. See the lil' seating area I'm conjuring up? That'll be to meet clients. And I have my writing table still. And I just added a higher worktable to create....well, I don't know what! Posters, brainstorms, art...__________________fill in the blank:
(my friend just stopped by with these flowers for my space!- pose w/workshop table)


3. Taking Risks: 
Well, I feel like I should take this back. I am taking risks- and not getting the result I want...and that's the goal for me this week. So it is working, but I'll tell ya, it's hard to sit with being doubted/self doubt/not getting what you want. But this is exactly what I need. Don't be attached to the outcomes Anne Marie ;-)


And now...not so much:


1. Sitting with the rejection/doubt of taking risks. Well, it is working- I'm just not used to the discomfort. But I'm stickin' with it!


2. Silly as this sounds...but I need more water. I am totally forgetting about it! So by the end of the day I am parched. In fact, I'm gonna swig some water right now! 


3. Not getting my Giveaway up and running this week. Shoot. I'm still in the thrusts of new school calendar (kindergarden), new office space, etc., so it's been low on my To Do list.


And that's what's pretty much working and not so much for me this week. Now...how about YOU? I'd love to hear what's working and not so much in your neck of the woods! Are you too taking risks and not being attached to the outcome? Would love to hear how it's going!

Comments

ShutUpandRun said…
LOVE adore the office space you have created!!
Anonymous said…
I love reading your blog AM!

You're inspiring me to become a better person both on the inside and outside!

Thanks!

xo,

Liz B
Hey girl. Your office space...lovely. Biking to your office...even better! You...so beautiful! What's working? My writing mojo is coming back. I lost it for at least a month. :( I am also planning on putting myself out there soon (that thing we talked about before that I am going to apply for...kind of scary putting myself out there and putting time into something that I may not even hold a chance of getting). Just went for a track workout, my son is napping and the girls are at the neighbors so that means quiet time for me! That works for me! Oh and I got an awesome new blog header picture! That's working for me. :)
Unknown said…
I so need to drink more water! I always forget! I also ride to work.. I would ride more often but I hate the roads over here!
Anne-Marie said…
Hi! I haven't been over here in quite awhile - I've been so busy my blogging/online presence has been pretty minimal the last few months... but it looks like you've been up to a lot of cool stuff - Hilton Head, Stinson... fun! Hope the kiddos are enjoying kindergarten! :)

Love the new bike and the office space too... Both are super cute.

What's working- 3 DAY WEEKEND AHEAD!! :) Hoping to catch up with friends and get some mini-projects around my house done!

Have a great weekend AM!
RunToTheFinish said…
i love the cute lil office! and yes you should try to bike that 1 mile just to ride that cute lil bike :)
Your office is so cute! I wish I could bike to work, but it would literally take me an entire day.

Popular Posts