What's Working (and not so much) Wednesday: A Desk, Blogher y Mas!



What's Working: 
1. Hi all! Well, I've shared a short lil' week ago I procured my very own, super cute office space...and it's a blank slate at the moment. And I first saw this table above at a thrift store around the time I was looking for a space. But I didn't have the space, so didn't get the table. So I waited. Well, ~3 days later I returned it was SOLD! I was heartbroken! Over a $45 table (ya gotta admit it's shabby chic cute). 


So I went back yesterday to see if they had any new tables. They didn't, but in the back, hidden underneath a slew of books, I spied this:


It seemed sooo similar to my first table! I envisioned painting it white and it would fill the void in my life (yah, I can be sooo dramatic like that;-). I debated all last night, and bit the bullet this morning: 


And now that I have it in my space, I  think the dark brown oak works with the white/blues of the office. Whaddya think? It's working for me...


2. I get to be a Pseudo Blogher Participant!: My BFF's company (yeah..she's the freakin' CEO of  Juice in the City (JITC)- the widget is on the side of my blog), is part of a pretty rockin' party at Blogher tomorrow night and I get to attend. Alrighty! I get to see first hand what all this Blogher business is about. I've heard it's a bit on par with a huge sorority party...I'm so curious! It's rocker themed and I get to groove w/my BFF while takin' in a bit of San Diego.


3. Getaway Weekend to San Diego, LA and Ojai: Birthday style. A getaway trip to be with my best friends and have an adventure. Can't ask for much more than that. It'll include planes, trains and automobiles. I see it as one fantastic journey for me...;-)


And now...not so much:


1. Unknown Sickness:  My lil' A had a high fever for almost five days and after a visit to the doctor they still weren't sure of the cause. wuh? That state of not knowing- and seeing your daughter so wiped from lethargy and temp with out an explanation is h.a.r.d. Later, she did begin to look better, and we eventually found the cause was Strep Throat. It didn't show up in the doc swap, but it did in the culture from the hospital trip. She is MUCH better now, but I swear that period of the unknown really makes you appreciate the simple joy in just being healthy.


So...that's what's working and not so much for me over here. Now...I'd LOVE to know what's working and maybe not so much for you in your space and place! Would love to know!

Comments

Working:

*A wonderful meeting with a friend today confirming much known and inspiring even more1

*Writing! Simply, beautiful family tales!

*Walking meditation. Oh, I so didn't want to run so I walked on the track. Me, my sandals, and a different meditation each mile! Mmm.... :-)

*A random text to a dear friend and former colleague possibly resulting in traveling ice cream tomorrow or Friday. Hmm.. we'll learn how well it travels I hope! :-)

*Creative garden solutions for my shade-smiling patio..there's always time for plants and new growth!

Needs Improving:

*More time writing. Gosh darn it, I just need to do it! The stories won't record themselves!

*More water? Sure... especially after salty rice noodles for dinner! :-)

Peace and Congrats on the new home! :-)
Aimee said…
Yay for a great desk find! I think it looks great!!

What's working: My running and biking training!

What's not: my swimming training..ugh!
I hope your daughter recovers quickly. I know how hard it is to see our children sick and we can't do much about it.

Not working - summer vacation, I need school to start again, my workouts are taking a back seat and this mommy is miserable for it :(
XLMIC said…
So glad they figured out about the strep... and super awesome table! I think the dark looks great in the space :)

Working here... hmmmm... hard pressed to figure this one out... my new lap top :)

Not working... getting injured 4 times in rapid succession through no fault of my own :( ... fortunately, none of it super badly but enough to keep me from running... husband going to FRANCE for 10 days may be working for him, but it'll be super challenging for me!
JC said…
OMG - I too would've been heart broken over that piece - in fact I think I am and I wish that I was the one who bought it! But you did score another fabulous piece that does work great with your colours.
Enjoy the Birthday weekend - Happy happy:))))
Unknown said…
Get well soon A!
Born To Endure said…
Beautiful tables..you have the best luck! Have a happy birthday too!

Popular Posts