Killer Filler Friday: Kinder Baby...;-)

I know. It just melts the heart. My two lil' sweeties ready to embark on their first day of kinder. Fresh backpacks, filled lunchbags, crisp uniforms- the works. (yah...I know it's Friday. We missed the first 2 days of school for our Hilton Head vaca. I got my priorities straight eh?;-)


And it all happened so quickly. And I really didn't cry or even get emotional about the experience. People texted me afterwards asking 'Ahh...how ya doing? How was it?  Did everything go okay' and I wondered if I was missing something. Or better yet, if something was wrong with me because I wasn't teary eyed like the other moms.


But then I got it. I knew why I felt pretty much a-okay with the whole transition: These two have each other. So there's no fending all by themselves in a vast new classroom. They're each other's best friend and I know they have each others back. And as a mom, that feeling is priceless.


So here's to the first day of kindergarden my sweet lil' A and N. May you always love and respect each other like you do today. I'm so proud to be your mama...;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such cuties!!!!!! Proud day for mama!
XLMIC said…
So AWESOME!!! Really the beginning of a new era... and so amazing for them and you that they have each other! They look so very excited :)

Wishing you the best with your new half training program :)

And if you are ever (for some strange reason) down in Oakland, there is an amazing meditative place in a natural setting... someone (an artist) created a very cool walking labyrinth in an abandoned quarry. Let me know if you ever want to check it out and need directions.
Unknown said…
My oldest started this week too - I was OK, just slightly teary seeing him happily march into the classroom w/ all the other kids.
Unknown said…
That is such a lovely picture!
misszippy said…
Awww...such cuties! Glad you are doing ok. I was surprised by how well I handled my last baby going off last year. I still get wistful here and there, but I guess when they're ready, we're ready. Enjoy a little more freedom!
It's crazy how fast the time goes, isn't it?

You're so right. Those kids are lucky to have each other. I think of my little nephew starting 1st grade this year and being this tiny little 6-year-old on that giant big kid playground and I just can't help but worry about him a little.
Omg they are adorable! Another 2 weeks here before DD is off to school again.
Christina said…
Such adorable kids... Love the uniforms.
I never really understood why some parents get all so "oooh and ahhhh" over kids going to school or college. But I am not a mother ... so ... :)

Popular Posts