What's Makin' and Breakin' My Week So Far...

First Makin':
1. It's really so simple what can make (or break) a person's day eh?. And for me...these set of lil' bowls make it. They are just so dang cute, the perfect weight and feel for a lil' bowl, and the perfect serving size for makin' dessert. 


2. Yes, I know. I have a lil' shoe fetish. I just got through raving about my new AVIA's and light Saucony's which have a place in my running repertoire as well...but I'll tell you right now; these Newton shoes are makin' my runs. And my feet were craving a new pair. So I shelled out the big bucks for the pair above.


Now breakin'...


1. Since we're on the subject of dessert above, might as well come clean and say while my dessert itself (my ingredients for my concoction above) is spot on, the number of servings is NOT. My ~ extra servings are breakin' my calorie bank.




2. Not getting my runs/workouts in due to less kid coverage and ~100 degree weather outside.  And I have a last long run tomorrow that will decide if I break my half marathon commitment. We'll see....fingers crossed:)


That's what's makin' and breakin' my week over here. Now...I'd LOVE to hear what's happening in your neighborhood? Any favorites to share? Any news of despair? Would love to hear;)

Comments

Raquelita said…
Those bowls are really adorable! Sorry to hear that training isn't going optimally. I hope the weather cools and you get some more kid coverage soon!

Making my week: my new desk. Causing me despair: political gridlock.
ltlindian said…
Making my week= me running 8 miles the other day!! Longest run to date!

Breaking my week=daughter stressed out over basketball camp. It's supposed to be fun, right??? Also, other than the run, very little exercise. Just too busy with the kids schedule to get to spin class and/or swimming.
Unknown said…
I love those bowls and those shoes :D
I want one of those bowls
Laura said…
Love the bowls, love the shoes...love the dessert. Oy....
Making the week: massive summer clean out underway, quiet time to plan for my yoga practicum, and revamping the food intake!

Reworking the week: July realities with high heat and humidity and the millions of millions of tourists in this area!
XLMIC said…
Those bowls are fantastic! Yep, summer can be hard when the kids are around a lot and the weather gets hot. I am so lucky to be able to run at night.

Makin'... pushed through some massive PMS to get a decent run in last night :) Baby girl started preschool giving me a little breathing room :) Got the anchor for H2C, which I wanted :) Got new shoes, too :) Got a water bottle so's I don't do something stupid again :P

Breakin'... need more sleep. need less chocolate.
JC said…
What a cute pic in the header - love it! Those bowls are so cute too - blog of cuteness! LOL!!!
Born To Endure said…
Love the shoes I have a few of those laying around the house..pinks my favourite!
Anne-Marie said…
super cute bowls! and love the Newtons... I need to cough up the money and get a new pair of those myself!

Making my week- looking forward to my first stage race this weekend!
The bowls and the shoes are both SO cute!

And now I want ice cream...
Laura said…
Hi AM! Thanks for stopping by my blog this week.

What's making my week - my wonderful fiance making me breakfast at 5:30am before I have to leave to commute to a new job in Palo Alto.

What's breaking my week - having to drive an hour + each way in traffic to Palo Alto for my new job. Haven't quite gotten the hang of fitting in the workouts....

Popular Posts