Killer Filler Friday: Synchronicity

Hi! Yes folks, this is what we've been contending with the entire week. Began on Monday...and still weedin' em out today. And what's so in synch with this you ask? Yah, I dont' know much either- other than it came at a time in our lives where we are s.l.o.w.i.n.g down with summertime. So if you're gonna get lice- might as well get it in the lazy summertime-when you can still run outside your backyard and not contend with school, etc.


But the real synchronicity occurred while we were holed up for the week- doing art (and MAJOR laundry!) together most days. I drew a picture of our living room in it's current state. It's pretty bland looking and I wanted to visualize what it needed to give a lil' breathe of life to it:
Note: we had NO greenery or color in our living room, I added the plants to my drawing afterwards to visualize what it needed. 


Well, the next day I happened to visit my MIL who was randomly in the process of gutting out her storage space- and low and behold she had two beautiful faux fern/trees she was getting rid of... I couldn't believe how my drawing was literally coming to life. So I whisked them away and now... our new and slightly improved living room:
I swear we had no greenery 2 days ago. And how random that my MIL was getting rid of the exact greenery I was envisioning for our space. hm:)


So, I felt this was a small reminder on just how much abundance is out there in the great big universe of ours, and when we channel our energy a bit and ask for help- it's all there for us. I know, the cynic in all of us can easily say 'Oh, it's completely coincidental' or 'Gimme a break- lil' ferns and a fake tree are the universe's abundance?' 


Well, I'm nodding my head yes. Why not. 


Now, my question for YOU: What synchronicity has unfolded for you this week? Or do you think it's all just a bunch of hoooey? Would love to know. Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

Christi said…
Well, now that you mention it I think I will give this a try. I need to put these out in the universe and see what it brings.
Tricia said…
Sympathies on the lice -- my daughter had it is 4th grade and it was a nightmare to get rid of (her hair was very long and super thick).
XLMIC said…
I have a couple of posts aboued tt our experiences with lice and my favorite products and websites for dealing with them. Such a huge hassle! Vigilance is key…and keeping on checking for a full three weeks to avoid recurrence. Best of luck to you with that :)

Synchronicity in my neck of the woods…husband out of town and TWO kids invited to sleepovers! YES!
I often think that things come to us when we open up to them...and when we need them most. With that said..

*Sunday I read a lovely article about Reiki in the kitchen and food (great reminder...)

*Sunday later I continued to ponder my "where do I practice yoga" situation for my apt..

*Sunday ponderings continue and the light bulb goes off... health! kitchen! body! spirit! ...

My kitchen is the ONLY flat place (long-narrow) to practice yoga.. health.. body...awareness...connection to food..

Okay, maybe this isn't synchronicity with "stuff" but it was a wonderful moment of awareness and acceptance! :-)
Raquelita said…
Good luck getting rid of the lice! I feel itchy just thinking about it.

I don't know that I've experienced any such synchronicity this week. Maybe next week, though. :)
Unknown said…
Love your new header! my cat has had fleas recently and I cannot seem to get rid :-( poor kitty!

Popular Posts