Killer Filler Friday: Four Reasons Thrift Stores ROCK!

HI! Naw...I haven't gone off the deep end and paired the shirt/skirt above for a new outfit. Nor have I turned into one of those quintessential elder gals you see perusing the ceramic kitty cats in thrift store. I just happened to pop in my local thrift store last week and came away with two new sundresses, a kitchen bowl, and this cute lil' egg beater below:


And now I'm sorta hooked. So had to share the Thrift store Love. 


Four Reasons Thrift Stores ROCK:


1. The money spent most likely goes towards helping a good cause directly: Goodwill, Salvation Army, in my case...we have one where the proceeds go to help build Rowandan villages.


2. Prices are generally MUCH cheaper;)


3. You are reducing, reusing and recycling. Can't be much more 'Green' than that.


4. (this is my favorite one...) The real beauty of thrift stores is YOU get to pick and choose what you think has value for yourself. You're not being influenced by a store's marketing campaign, or what is 'IN' or not. You come away with purchases you've decided have value in their own merit and get to craft them into your life:)


So yeah, I'm a Believer and those are my reasons. Now...how about YOU? Are you a Thrift Store Lover? And if so, what's been your best purchase to date? Would LOVE to know!

Comments

Aimee said…
I like thrift stores too!
I loooooooooooooooooooove thrift store shopping.
Raquelita said…
I love Thrift stores, but I've found the local ones in my current town to be pretty lacking in things in my size. My best thrift store find was an awesome vintage designer dress from the late 70s for $6. I also have a red wool J. Crew pencil skirt that I thrifted for a song and wear constantly in the winter.
Tricia said…
I love thrift store -- and my scores are usually in the vintage dishware catagory.
Christina said…
I like to buy casserole dishes and cheap crystals!
Not a big lover of thrift stores but when my DD reads a novel a day and keeps asking to go to the book store to buy more....which generally cost between $6-$12 each...the thrift store is a great option....buy 6 for $5
I haven't been to a thrift store in ages. I think it's time I went back.
Born To Endure said…
Wow, you are so right on all counts, I never thought of it..i will go to mine which is right across the street from work..surprising I never noticed it before until now..:)

Popular Posts