GFTW 30: The Simple Things

Hi! So I'm still in love with a family beach walk we did last weekend at Stinson. Usually,  we come away with maybe three or four complete sand dollars (if we're lucky). Well, this time...kid you not, we found ~ seventy of em'. 70! (look at pic above. The other white shells have been slowly collecting for a while...) And those were just the 'perfect' ones. We still had a stash of 'slightly worn' ones that would have made our grand total 100. ONE HUNDRED sand dollars in a single family walk! That is a true rarity folks, and I kept thinking 'Is this some sorta magic sign or what?' Like I'm gonna win the lottery or something. Who's up there givin' me so much gold?


So I keep smiling over this experience and how this simple treasure has made me feel so lucky. Acts of synchronicity baby...right?


So with a bit of luck in my step here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Mom: Swim, swim, swim. Create a play date with the friends who will be going to their new kinder school together.


Athlete: I have a new half marathon training outline, and I'm going with a new program provided by a new friend who is SMOKIN' fast. Um, yah, she has a ~5 mo old and a ~2 yr old and took 2nd Female OVERALL at the Napa Sonoma Half w/a time of ~1:18. Uh, yah...I think she knows how to run, so am excited to try out her method.


Daughter: Carve out babysitter time so I can go with my mom to her weekly infusion


Personal Growth: Visit a sacred place, most likely a church, and just be in that space for a bit. Really 20 min or so. I'm not a religious person nor follow a certain faith. I do have Faith- just not the organized kind. I often go to a certain tree next to a creek by my house, but I want to feel what it's like to be in a church or temple.


Home: Choose the family/kid pics from our photo shoot that I want for our home.


As allllwayyyys, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as I plan my day. And that's what I have for me over here. Now...how about YOU? What's going on in your Summer hood? Would love to know! Talk to me, talk to me! Happy week friends!

Comments

Love the new Title to your blog and the subtitle too! Interested in hearing more about your half marathon plan.
Anne said…
Have a great week Anne-Marie!
Raquelita said…
Wow! You're friend is a speed demon! I hope you'll tell us more about the plan!

My main goals for this week are to enjoy my marathon training, start meditating on my upcoming half-marathon and visualizing goals, and to start writing fresh, new pages of a conference paper I'll be giving next month.
Teamarcia said…
What a sand dollar haul! HAS to be good luck! have a great week!
Unknown said…
personal - have a better week with my food intake and attitude!
Wow! I honestly can't remember the last time I found a sand dollar at all. That's amazing!
RunToTheFinish said…
ohh i really like the personal growth one that is a fabulous idea
Beth said…
I'm excited to hear about your new half marathon training plan. Sounds like fun!

Popular Posts