GFTW 26: Good Bye June, Helloooooo Summer!

First, I can NOT believe it's the last full week of June. Already. huh? When did it come? Where did it go? I know for us Cali folks, we had the super rain doldrums up til' 2 weeks ago, so it took (at least me) an extra bit to come into June's welcome. Well bienvenidos junio y hasta la proxima vez...


And I'm finally getting into Summer's groove. For some reason I've had resistance to it's lazy, warm suggestions, but I've slowly succumbed- and it's been sort of a blessing in disguise (isn't that how things happen?). I've shared my Summer Fun Family Fridays, and I'm applying that philosophy to more days through out the week. Like our spontaneous trip  last week. We went to visit the Dipsea stairs for the first time together because their Nana had gifted a lil' surprise to the Dipsea Foundation and we wanted to show em':


It's hard to read, but it says 'AnnaB & Nico Sebastiani Love, Nana'. It's their own lil' step on the Dipsea trail. I think they felt pretty special.
And speaking of special, I actually think my goals for the week feel special this week. And posting them here adds an extra layer of specialness- as it's my way of tracking my course. Reviewing where I've been and charting where I want my course to go. That's what these goals are for me each week. So thank you for being a part of the experience, whether you read and or post- we are a part of each other's course;-)


Goals for the Week:


Mom: Sign kids up for Spanish Camp. Put up tent in the back yard for a possible sleep over in the back yard.


Athlete: 3 runs and Strength training for Napa to Sonoma Half in mid July


Health: Ten chocolate chips a night (I have other stuff don't worry!). 


Career: Start collecting those magazines for collage making!


ME!: Contact destination resort I'm really wanting to go to- and most likely confirm getaway b-day trip


Friend: Farmer's Market Tues night. Plan BFF Korean Spa trip when L comes up next week.


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as part of my morning routine. It's my favorite time of day baby. And that's what I have on my radar this week. 


Now...I'd LOVE to know what's on your docket for the week?  Vacation? Upcoming race? Absolutely Nothing? Would love to know!

Comments

Hey girl! Love the special little step...we have a Nana too! :) The tent in the backyard...sleepover...sounds like something we are ready for soon! Well, give me at least a year. :)

Goals for me?
Career: Start networking a little here and there.
Mom: Lots of art this week! And water balloons.
Running: A secret race on the 4th of July that not many know about.

Oh, and my fav local artist came out with some new running/athlete artsy fartsy cards that I'll have to send you pics of soon. ;)

Happy week to you!
AM! said…
Amanda- I wanna see those cards! OOOH! sound great.

and seeing you post your gftw...inspires moi...thx!
XLMIC said…
Love the memorial step…what a great 'gift'!

GFTW…

Mom: take my 2-yr old swimming 2x this week. Contact preschool to finalize start date.
Health: get my butt in bed before midnight every night this week. Drink the right amount of water!
Athlete: 3 solid runs, 2x stretching, 3x abs, minimum of 1x yoga, 2 bike rides…getting back 'into' it :P
Me: book/buy tix for plane for Hood to Coast!

Love getting this weekly goal-prompt :)
Kat said…
My plans are pretty simple:

*Start Couch to 5K tomorrow night
*Ride my bike
*Walk my dogs every night

That's about it!
Love the look for destination resorts....I alway slove researching and picking vacation destinations. Have fun!

My goal is to run a fabulous 10K tomorrow and an even better 5K on friday ;)
Unknown said…
I have my holiday coming in a few weeks... everything is focussed on that now! Then after holiday fitness is coming first again! Been slacking lately...
Anne-Marie said…
I cannot believe it's the last week of June, either! It's crazy how fast time goes!

The backyard sleepover sounds so cool - I remember a few of those when I was little :)
Anne said…
Love the special step!
Your goals are wonderful :)
Born To Endure said…
Time goes by sooo fast..enjoy the summer!
Marci said…
Goals for the Week...

Start figuring out my taper plan for my first tri of the season taking place July 9!

Not be so scared about trail running when my running store hits them over the summer!

Continue posting on my new Soon To Be A Memior Blog!

Popular Posts