GFTW 23: Let's Go Dipsea!

Hi! Okay...so the Dipsea isn't til' Sunday, but it's still the mantra for all my motions this week. With a seven day count down to a twirly whirly 7 mile mountain trail race to focus on- I hope to stash my high energy anticipation in my back pocket to carry me through the week.


And this week finds me busy with two plus extra days of Try-On work, coupled with big birthdays for two friends. Oh- and I wanna rest up for the Dipsea right?? Not complaining over here, just knowing I need rest/take care of myself so it can all work.


So with my feet up on the couch in my pj's as I type...here's what I've got tee'd up for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Develop a Mental Race Day Map of Dipsea and visualize myself racing the trail a few minutes each day.


Health: Well...the gig is up. This is what I've been doing the past ~3 mo's (and yes, had to use yet another pic of my lil' dude in a tux):


I have been riding a fabulous '3 plus bowls of ice cream/chocolate chips a day plus my kid's french fries anytime' band wagon and not really seeing any negative results. But it's been creeping up...and this past week was my woah nelly moment. I know it's all ebbs and flows, and I'm at the tip of the ebb needing to get back to a normal flow with my intakes...


Mom: Sign up kids for swim lessons-round 2


Home: Finish re-upholstering the dining room chairs. I got 2 outta 5 done...


Personal Growth: Show up as who I am and allow others to do the same


ME!: Follow up dental appointments (I hadn't gone since I was 6 mo's pregnant!), OBGYN appt, and monthly breast examination. I know...woo-hoo right? Well, I figure I owe it to ME to be preventative with my health.


As always I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review it each morning as part of my ME morning routine. And this is what's on my radar for the week. Now, how about you? What's on your docket for the week? Would love to know! 


And also, I'd like to say thank you for your words to my last post. ;-)

Comments

XLMIC said…
Have you been on the course? I cannot wait for your race report... but I know we need to get to Sunday first! lol

Always impressed by your ability to set such clear and attainable goals. Mine:

Athlete: keep up the XT and core work. Begin 1/2 marathon training program.

Mom: set what we will do for the first 3 weeks of summer. Decide about the road trip. Research summer school for Big G (poor kid). Work on family Switzerland trip.

Wife: remember he likes a cleaner house and make it cleaner :P

Me: still need to get that hair cut.
Jennifer said…
I have heard so much about that race. It has a long history. Good luck with that and with your preparations during the week!
Anne said…
Wow...I can't wait to hear all about Dipsea!! Good luck!
Great goals once again.
Christi said…
Good luck with Dipsea!
Raquelita said…
Oh, good luck at Dipsea! I can't wait to read your reflections after the race!

This week is all about marathon recovery and article revisions for me. I do have some me time planned for Friday, though.
Leah F said…
How funny. I just finished reading "Running in Literature" by Roger Robinson (review to be posted this week) and he includes a song about running Dipsea: "The Song of the Dipsea Trail by W.O. "Bill" McGeehan.

Looking forward to reading about your race.
mjcaron said…
That cupcake looks delish..
Sherri said…
Your so much fun!
I love the picture with your boy...too cute!
I am excited to read the race report!
Quinton J said…
I am planning on borrowing your: Personal Growth: Show up as who I am and allow others to do the same.

that's gonna' be me this week.
I love what you say about showing up as who you are and allowing others to do the same...this stopped me! Made me think. Thank you. You always do that for me. Good luck!
Aimee said…
I can't believe you doing the Dipsea race! I've read and heard so much about it! How exciting! You are going to ROCK!

Popular Posts