What's Workin' and Not So Much Wednesday: Loot, Cute & Root!

What's Workin':
1. I mentioned a bit back about a sweet little local 5k/10k race in my neck of the woods. Well, I won the 5k but didn't realize I won some serious LOOT to boot! I get not just one, but TWO new spankin' pair of AVIA running shoes, some fabulous sunblock (that I just realized is made from the fabulous sunscreen makers of SCAPE), some vino, and a few medals to pass on to my kids. Yes folks I'm stoked.
2. I still can't get over just how stinkin' cute my kids were this wedding weekend. I'm mean really. They're gonna remember this event forever. Who didn't want to be a flower girl or ring bearer as a kid?

3. With my new shift on simplifying my training to focus on  running, I'll be racing in one of the oldest running races in the USA. Wanna hint? It's in California, it's a trail run and it's under 10 miles....hmmmm;-) Okay, one more hint, the race starts with the letter D...

And now...Not so Much:

1. I'm still eating sugar like Judgement Day's coming (oh, yeah...it came and went and we're all good!). Something is making me think it's okay to just snack on sugar all day...

2. Haven't been able to read/comment on blogs for a while. But Guess what! I was hoping to do a friend's night out Thurs, but instead I've decided to do a friends night in with some good ol' bloggy friend reading!  I just need to have tea instead of 4 cups of ice cream while reading...HA!

So that's what's workin' and not so much for me over in my neighborhood. Now...how about YOU?! Would love, love, love, love to know. What's workin' or not so much for you this week? Talk to me, talk to me!

Comments

Leah F said…
Holy crap! TWO pairs of shoes?! Awesoome. Congrats on the win!
A Prelude To... said…
What's working for me this week?
Enjoying the simple things (like your pictures of very cute kids) and reminding myself to not take things so seriously - be in the moment...if I'm eating sugar, slow down and enjoy it :D
AM! said…
Julie- love your thinking;-) 'if i'm eating sugar, just slow down and enjoy it'.

thx!
Raquelita said…
That is some awesome loot! What's working: visualization exercises for my running. What's not: yesterday I was so irritated by frustrating news that I could barely get any work done.
ShutUpandRun said…
So cool you can say you won a race!! And awesome schwag for you. Two pairs of shoes? You can wear new shoes and medals and sunscreen while drinking wine!
Tricia said…
That race sounds like so much fun! Have you done it before?

(oh and way cool on the race win!!)
Jessie said…
My suggestion for the food issue is take a calendar and make out a menu ahead of time and stick with it. Since I have done this my eating has improved a lot! Your kids are very cute!
Teamarcia said…
Woot for the win and copious loot!
How cute are those kiddos in their wedding finery? I still remember when I was a flower girl and you're so right: it WAS SUCH a big deal!
Jill said…
Your kiddos are absolutely precious - love that picture.

Congrats on the big win and major loot score!!
KovasP said…
Can't believe you got into Dipsea, would love to do that and maybe the Wuad someday. :)
Lucky you! I am definitely doing the Dipsea next year. I fact, it's part of my motivational image to get me moving out the door to exercise in the morning at 6+ months pregnant. Love you
Marci said…
Oh wow... we have the same Wednesday blog title... I seriously didn't know I was copying you... sorry! Congrats on the 5k win!
Quinton J said…
what workin' for me...your new profile pic.
what's not workin' for me...i just have the one pair of shoes.
Unknown said…
As if you won a race and never realised! Awesome hehe :-)
Tortuga_Runner said…
Glad I'm not the only one on the sugar wagon. so jealous of your Dipsea entry!
Alicia said…
I'm not surprised that you won a 5k because we all know you are stinkin' fast. Congrats on all the loot! How fun! Such a sweet picture of your kiddos.
Anonymous said…
Sorry, I missed all that running stuff, I was too distracted by the cute kids!!! ;-)
XLMIC said…
So envious about the Dipsea! Have a total BLAST! It's one I definitely would love to do :)
JC said…
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. - Omg - how cute are your children?
Enjoy your weekend!
Awesome that you are doing Dipsea! And holy cow, that is some really awesome loot!
OMG your kids look so gorgeous!

Popular Posts