GFTW 22: Dipsea Bound Baby!


Happy long weekend friends! This Sunday finds me embracing the sunny skies (finally!) and setting my eyes on the June horizon and beyond. And June includes this race above: The Dipsea. I plan to write a few posts on this one as it has a special place in my heart. I'll get to why at another date, but dates are important for this race entry process. You see the address above? Well, in order to attempt to get in, you must mail your race entry on April 1st, and the first ~400 ps to get their entry delivered to this address are in. So yes, it's favored for the local folks, and in years past you could hand deliver the application to the Mill Valley Post Office. But not any more. And that's okay because I got in! So despite the fact the race is going to destroy my legs...I'm pumped.

Now with the spirit of Dipsea Trail Run in my brain, here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: There's nothing like a race to get you focused eh? 2 week count down til' Dipsea. 2 weeks to be super mindful of my intakes to feel race ready

Mom: Give myself 2 hours this week to organize their baby book and preschool picture book.

Health: Julie helped me with this idea: Catch myself chewing s.l.o.w.l.y. I swear it makes a difference...

Personal Growth: Oh La La! Intuitive Consulting session with my dear friend Heather Bleasdell

Home: new bed frame is on the way, re-do our dining room chairs. Lil by lil' this house will sparkle!

Now, as always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as I imbibe on my coffee and plan my day. And this is what I've come up with for this week. Now, as always....I'd love to know what you've got goin' on in your block? Talk to me, talk to me! 

And...a special Thank you to all the service men and women in our forces and to their families. No matter what our political stance is, or how we think our government should operate with international affairs- we cannot deny the fact these service men and women put their lives on the line every day. Thank you.

Comments

Excited for your upcoming race. Baby books...ahhh, I'm so behind! And our house? I keep telling myself that our tables, dressers and floor are supposed to look like this at this stage in our kids' life...paint and pen on the table, etc....a kid house...but also excited to make it sparkle in a few years! :) happy week to you AM!
So excited about Dipsea!! That's great!
XLMIC said…
I finally got around to finishing my oldest two's baby books and starting my third's. #4…i should at least by one to fill :P That'll be a good mommy goal for this week!
Home goal: stay on top of all phases of laundry-doing!
wife goal: keep up the good work I have been doing ;-)
me goal: get that stupid haircut!

Yay for the Dipsea! I cannot wait to hear ALL about it! And thanks for the lil word of cycling support the other day :)
Jill said…
I've heard such wonderful things about Dipsea (probably from you last year ;)); very excited for you in June!

I gave up on my kid's scrap books...at least it's all in a box with their names labeled!! :)
AM! said…
Jill- Oh...I'm right there with ya! That's why I'm gonna attempt just 1 hr this week...

fingers crossed!
Unknown said…
Athlete - eat enough to get round my half marathon on Sunday!
Karen said…
I just started following your blog and I love it! I love the idea of goals, but I always seem to get so behind and life just gets in the way. I am intrigued by your intuitive consulting session - could you share a bit more? You are very inspiring and I look forward to each new post. I was also wondering, what kind of training do you do to run so fast? Are you naturally fast or was it a lot of hard work? Thanks!
Sherri said…
Can't wait to read how dipsea goes! you'll do awesome!
lOve your goals...as always!
Raquelita said…
I can't wait to hear more about the race! I also need to be reminded to chew slowly!
Can't wait to hear about Dipsea!
A Prelude To... said…
I've got about 3 weeks before my race but I find myself really thinking about hydrating and fueling right now - what can I do in these next few weeks to make sure my body is ready. I've put all this time into training...it would be so sad to end up with calf cramps from being dehydrated or something like that...
so...here I am drinking a lot of water...and eating a bit healthier than usual...and seriously (really this time) considering giving up all alcohol between now and then.
Those are my goals :-)

Popular Posts