GFTW 21: Monday Mom Style

Hi all! Didn't I just write 'I'm Baaa-ack' last week? Well, I guess I sorta lied as I was out of commission for a family wedding affair all last week. And what an affair! It was simply magical as my entire family was in the ceremony. Okay, here...I can't help it, just have to show one lil' shot of my lil A as a flower girl with her twin brother behind as the ring bearer:
And while I'm at it, here's another wedding shot, although this one has a different special meaning for me:
Here is my mom and me and I think we both look fabulous (and like we planned to match...but naw). But that's not why I love this picture. I love it because you would never guess she was in the thick of chemo treatment- like literally came from her 4th round that morning to attend the wedding. I'm only able to write about it now because she's through the worst part of the experience: the initial diagnosis, surgery, etc, etc. and we know she's okay.
Just look at her. I'm so proud...


So with wedding bells still ringing in my ears and and a perma grin still on my face, here's what I've managed to muster for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: I'm not training for a HIM any more, so have the time to bring in some different forms of cross training, so I want to create a morning yoga routine to do ~2 days this week.


Mom: Sign up N for soccer camp, and A for Garden Camp...


Friend: Am in super need of a girl's pow wow nite out. Nothing crazy, just connecting and catching up


Personal Growth: Listen to my feet. I know, may sound a bit cheesy, but feel them walking on the Earth and listen to how the respond.


As always, I write these on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as I chug my coffee and plan my day. This is what I've got scribbled so far for the week. 
Now...how about YOU? What's on your radar for this marvelous last full week of May? Would love to know! Talk to me, talk to me;)

Comments

Raquelita said…
That picture of you and your mom is beautiful! You both look radiant! I'll be keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

I love your yoga goal! My goals for this week: finish going through one stack of research files, start actual revisions of an article not just reading for them, and enjoy my half-marathon on Sunday!
Christi said…
Great pic of you and your mom!
teacherwoman said…
What a beautiful photo of you and your mom. So special!
Aimee said…
I LOVE the picture of you and your mom. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well with the chemo!
Christina said…
Love the picture of you and your mom. Love the matchy-match! And definitely good to know that she's ok now... :)

Good goals again this week!
Quinton J said…
You look beautiful in that dress.

Popular Posts