GFTW 20: I'm Baah-aaaack

Hi All! It seems the Blogger-shpere experienced the Big Crash of 2011 this week. All sorts of people's posts went missing, comments went up into thin air; it was pandamonium. Needless to say it left a lot of people in a frenzy (including yours truly). Well,the dust has pretty much settled and all is virtually restored. So here's to Blogger being back baby!
And with that, I felt inspired to take (yet again) another Oprah-esque mug shot to show I too am back. Here I am in all my glory-sans make-up- but post shower, so I'm nice and squeaky clean. Hopefully like Blogger should be now. We're up and ready to roll.
And before I get to my GFTW, wanted to share I ran a sweet lil' local 5k yesterday:
Here's the race t-shirt, and now a shot of the race beginning in the distance:
This race has so much potential to be one dyno race: a 5k, 10k, beer/wine tasting afterwards, antique car show, kids activities, a full band playing, corn dogs, lemonade, and sweeeeet loot and schwag. And I mean, c'mon! Look at it's location! But for some reason it only attracts maybe ~200 people tops. I don't know why? It has the makings of attracting so many more people. It's a conundrum. So I want to help spread the love of this sweet lil' 5k for next year...


And speaking of Spreading the Love, this week is full of it as my entire family is in a wedding next weekend. We're talking Flower Girl, Ring Bearer, Brother of the Bride...too  sweet...


So with love in the air, here are my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Make a wish before each run and have that be my intention


Mom: BE present with the kids this wedding vacation. Take pictures, dance with them. BE


Health: Try Sunflower Butter (Chrissie Wellington tweeted she eats this w/rice cakes for breakfast)


Personal Growth: Bring 5 minutes into my morning routine to do visualization. Visualize on one of my Ten Goals for the Year.


ME!: Pedicure time;)


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review them each morning as I imbibe on my coffee and start my day. Here's what I have showing up for me this week. Now...how about YOU? And btw...how the heck are you all? Would love to hear. What's showing up for you this week?

Comments

Christina said…
This week goals:
Athlete: Run at least 8 miles this week. (working on that rebuilding the base)

Home: Spend 15 minutes before bedtime to do a quick pick-things-up session.

Me: Spend 15 minutes after the pick-things-up session on myself - facial, pedicure, baths .....
misszippy said…
You look ready to handle anything in that picture. And I would be all over that race--location to begin with and then all the other stuff that goes with it!

I need a pedicure too...it will be a homemade job though. And I need to decompress from a very tough week. Gonna make this week all mine!
Jennifer said…
I think you took the best picture of you! Personally I think women look much more beautiful without makeup. But then some say I am biased as I never wear any myself!
Unknown said…
Sunflower Butter is amazing with corn cakes too!! Love it!! Be in the moment with your kids!! Awesome!! :)
ShutUpandRun said…
I am taking ME time this week with a girl's trip to Vegas. My inner athlete will try to work out while there to keep up with HIM training. And when I get home: lots of quality time with the kiddos.
Maggs said…
I was wondering where you've been.
Raquelita said…
The race looks and sounds fantastic! I love your athlete goal and the wedding sounds so fun!

For me this week: enjoy the tapering and get back to researching and writing an article and a conference paper.
Melissa said…
Love the picture!!!

and as always....love the goals.
Unknown said…
youre gorgeous! I like the fresh look. and yes, you need sunflower nut butter ASAP!!
Jessie said…
I think getting involved in race planning would be so much fun. I am planning on doing so for the first race I ever ran. I cant wait!!! Good luck with your weekly goals!
Some of the very best races are the ones that attract small crowds, I dunno why that is.
this week is irongirl for me :) super stoked to try out one of these races!
It is amazing how chaotic things got when Blogger went down, isn't it?

Popular Posts