GFTW 18: Riding the High...

I'm coming off a tri clinic high that culminated with a sprint triathlon race this morning. And the race weather was simply gorgeous and gave me the added fuel to embrace the race! I plan to do a tri clinic slash race report hopefully Tuesday, but here's a lil' teaser shot- ya gotta love wine country races:


Can ya tell how lovely the weather is? And, may MAY please keep bringin' it's flowers as I'm so over the April showers already. 


So in the spirit of the new month and all it's upcoming flowers, here's what I've got lined up for my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Game on. Run/Bike/Strength train and yes, swim- and break in my new flower print suit

Mom: Figure out swim lessons for kids to start hopefully this week. Play in the garden and watch their new seeds grow

Wife: Date night with a lil' twist-flowers will be involved;-)


Health: Be mindful of food as fuel. When I deviate think 'How does this fuel me? What can I have instead'. Add flowers to my salad


Personal Growth: Carve out some time to go through and read my old blog posts. I started doing so a bit tonite and it made me smile.


ME!: Buy me a bouquet of flowers!;-)


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as I chug my coffee and plan my day. Now...how about YOU? What do you have on your radar for the week? Would love, love, love to hear what's happening in your block. 

Comments

You live such a happy life and you are So the picture of what it looks like to make your life what you want. You create such a great reality for yourself and it starts with your lovely goals! They always seem to resonate with me and be similar to my own goals. Love this about your blog. You're a kindred spirit. :) From the picture I'm assuming you won! Congrats to you! And what a hot mama you are! Love what you have to say about food as fuel..so important. Reading old journals/blogs is always a great way to reflect. I do this a lot in my life and I'm always so surprised at how much I forget. Happy Week to you AM!
Alison said…
I like you health goal this week. I've been really sick recently and for a while it was just a case of eating *anything*, rather than things that were good for me. Now that I'm getting better though I need to move back to a more food as fuel mentality. Good call :)

And swim lessons for the kiddlies? Exciting!
Unknown said…
I take it you placed?! NICE! Nice goals for this week! I haven't thought about mine yet!
misszippy said…
Very cool idea to go back through old posts. I have never done that--never occurred to me!

You do live in what I think is one of the very best spots in the whole country. Lucky you!
A Prelude To... said…
Hooray for spring flowers! I'm SO ready!

My goal this week is to hydrate, stretch, and take care of this body in nice ways to make up for all the torture I'm putting it through this Spring.
Raquelita said…
I love your goals, as always! I dig that flowers feature so heavily in them.

My goals for this week: keep track of my food every day in my journal, get in my mid-week miles, keep the house clean, and get into power grading mode.
Aimee said…
I'm thinking you won your AG?!?! :)

I love your goals. I want to buy some flowers for myself too!
Steel Springs said…
Great photo! It looks so sunny and cheerful. The tri clinic sounds like a lot of fun.

Enjoy the flowers!
Alison said…
Thanks for the reminder of how great racing in wine country is... I don't have any races planned there this year (after heading down 3 years in a row...) I may have to change that!
Teamarcia said…
Looks like somebody brought home the bling! Congrats!
Weekend 1 of MAYhem is over in my neck of the woods...I'm so overbooked lately it's a victory to simply remember everything I need to do.
Have a great week!
I just did a blog post about my goals for the week.

Eat well, drink more water and less booze, lift weights 3X, cardio 3X, date with my husband, plant a garden (really, it is going to happen this week),plan our meals and enjoy the week.

Happy Monday,

elena
I love "add flowers to your salad"....one of our favourite summer restaurants adds the most beautiful edible flowers to our plates, I love it!
Marci said…
Love the goals... as always... my goals for the week...

(a) realize that change is ahead for me and my family (read the post Mom on my blog and you'll see why)

(b) be motivated again with my training

(c) talk to my friends and family when needed most

Popular Posts