What's Working (and not so much...) Wednesday: Run Related!


What's Working:
1. My Training Studio turned into half office space: Okay, not the most inspiring shot, but you get the gist. This is the other half of our training studio (the one where you see me do all my bike/mirror self shots) and it's my morning sanctuary to clear my head and get my thoughts down for the day. Oh, and to chug 3 cups of coffee in the process...


2. Nike Women's Half Marathon: I signed up to be a group leader (anyone can do this) and if you're thinking you want to sign up for the race, enter under our group! Our ID number is: R1935YYou can register by clicking here .  It's a bit pricey, but soooo worth it if we get in!


3. I've created a new 12 week run program for the Wine Country Half here in mid July that I'll be coaching, and I'm pretty excited about it. What excites me most is creating a mental strategies workshop as part of the program;) 


What's Not:
1. I'm waiting for a cool new pair of trail running shoes to test wear and they were on back order. BUT I did just get news they have em' in now and I should get em' by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!


2. Could not procure a sitter for date night this week...aw well next week right?


And that's what's generally working and not so much for me over here. Now...how about YOU? What's workin or not so much in your neck of the woods? Would LOVE to know! Talk to me, talk to me!;-) Oh! and lemme know if you sign up for the Nike Half Lottery!

Comments

Is the Nike Mary the one that you get a necklace presented to you by the Marines? I heard alot of good things about that race.

Working or not working, depends on the minute for me, my first ever half mary is this weekend
Unknown said…
NiKE Marathon sounds like so much fun! I'd love to do it, I want to finish Monday and decide but I may get back to you if you still have some spots!
It sounds like you are going to have some fun with the half training program, I LOVE the mental strategies idea. I have been READING and listening to so much about this subject. It's SO important!
Caratunk Girl said…
I heard the Nike Marathon is awesome!! Wish I wasn't on the opposite coast!

Working: The snow is melting
Not working: It is snowing right now.
My brain falls into the NOT working category. Last night we met with our CPA and I forgot my W2. No problem, I thought. I will log on to our payroll service. Couldn't remember the username (it autofills in the office). WOW, brain, WOW.
Unknown said…
Good luck getting in the Nike half, it sounds like a great race to run, if it wasn't so far away I'd definitely try get on it!
trailmomma said…
Wine Country Half sounds amazing!! Adding that to my calendar for next year!
Maggs said…
so many people from here are signing up for the nike half. I might just sign up too.
Jill said…
Whaaa no babysitter! You should come here, my son just got his sitting certification :).
Beth said…
I'm looking forward to hearing about your coaching for the half marathon. That sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you have better luck next week with the sitter. :)
Christina said…
I can't help but notice 2 heaters on the floor. :)

What's working: Knowing that I don't have a long race to train until sometime in August. WHen my knee gets well, I will do short, but meaningful, purposeful runs.

What's not working: Too much paperwork for work......
Aimee said…
I've heard the Nike 1/2 is a great race!! You are going to have so much fun!
I think next year I want to work myself up to a half. You'll be a great leader!
Marci said…
What's NOT working... my training this week... thanks to work... I can't get all my training in :(

Popular Posts