What's Workin and Not So Much...Thursday Evening Edition!

Well, because this is the Thurs and not the Weds Edition, let's mix it up more and start off with the Not so much...


Me no Likey Nike- Their lottery process for the SF half marathon left a lot of people (including me and my own run posse) feelin' pretty unlucky when they got the email that read 'The Great Winged Goddess has Spoken! Woo-hoo! Oh and well,  sorry... you're not one of the chosen ones.' ;(  Not the best branding message.


Okay...got that (virtually) outta my system. And now...


What's working:


1. My new half marathon run group is too cute and cool for school! I wish I would've taken a photo of them this am. They were rockin'!


2. I've got a weekend full of triathlon training at the TriSonoma Tri Clinic that culminates with a fun Sprint Triathlon on Sunday! And the weather is supposed to be purrrfect.


3. Playing 'Restaurant' outside, me ordering a salad, and my daughter asks 'With dressing on the side?' 
Does she know her mommy or what...


That's what's pretty much workin' and not so much for me as we come into the end of the week. Now..how about YOU? What's been working and not so much in your driveway and world? Talk to me, talk to me!


Oh, and wish me luck at the sprint on Sun...;)

Comments

Maggs said…
Grrr I just typed a long comment and it got lost. So I'll just say this. What a crappy message. Sorry you guys didn't get in. But maybe now you don't want to support Nike? They lost my support a while ago.

Good luck in the race!
XLMIC said…
Best of luck at the sprint on Sunday :)

Working: going to bed earlier! Being clear w/ my preteen and not negotiating! My motherly protective instinct…and I listened to it! Spacing out my runs upon returning from my trip and not stressing about it…I'm right where I need to be for the B2B!

Not working: weird neighbors that my kid likes :( toddler trying to give up her nap :(
Well that's not nice of Nike...Good luck this weekend!
AM! said…
SSB-That's exactly how I feel now about Nike. Hate to say it but it's true...
OMG your daughter so too cute!
And what is with Nike, that is not nice!
Unknown said…
You're daughter is so cute! Good look for Sunday, can't wait to hear all about it!
That is not a nice way to let someone know they didnt get in, very misleading, I gave up on Nike a long time ago
Christi said…
I am sorry you and your running posse did not get in the race. That sucks!

Have a great weekend!
mjcaron said…
Good luck. Sounds fun!
Steel Springs said…
That's really disappointing about the Nike lottery.

The restaurant game is so cute.

Good luck with the sprint triathlon on Sunday!
Julie said…
Hey you,
Long time no see. I have missed you:) Thanks for the comment. It sounds like you are busy as ever and training is going well. Good luck you to...I am sure that you will be your normal super stud self and have a great race!:) Hugs!

I love the new profile picture! You are gorgeous!
Anne-Marie said…
I think that Nike message is the most misleading, not nice message ever!

Love the pic of lil' A!

Good luck at the race!

Working- a long weekend cycling camp with my team in rural West Virginia. Amazing scenery and great country road riding and lots of chill time when we aren't on the bikes...

Not working- not wanting to go back home to reality tomorrow!

Popular Posts