What's Working (and not so much...) Wednesday: Fortune!


What's Working:
1. We had chinese food monday night and this was my fortune above. Well, hot diggity dawg! That's a good one to get. So now I'm just waitin...and waitin'...and waitin';-) 

2. I got a whole slew of new business cards. And it makes me feel so...so...official! But...I ordered FIVE HUNDRED of em'! What the h-e-double hockey sticks am I supposed to do with 500 business cards? Make fortune cookies and slip these puppies inside?

3. I finally got in the freakin' pool! Yes folks, it's true. I did a 1750 yd workout on tues, and I'm slated for another Thurs and Sat. 

4. My kids are finally no longer sick! Tuesday was their first day back to school in over a week, and this mama was excited to finally be back out and about in the world! 

And...not so Much:

1. Well, my kids are no longer sick, which means I'm no longer house bound, which means I have way less guilty pleasure computer time, which means way less bloggy reading and writing. ;( And I was just wondering how the heck I managed to blog 5x's last week. Riddle solved!

2. Quickbooks. Some one put a gun to my head already and force me to sit down and figure out my quickbooks! And I better do it quick as my fortune cookie predicts I may be gettin' a pay off soon. Or maybe the pay off is a sub 20 min 5k! But that would mean I'd been putting work into my running...which isn't really the case so far. Aw well, I girl can dream right?

So....that's what's working and not so much for me over here. All in all, it's a great week so far. Now, how about YOU? What's working and not so much for YOU in your world? Talk to me, talk to me! Would love to know;-)

Comments

Unknown said…
Loving those business cards! Go you!
THose are some nice business cards
Those business cards are great!
AM! said…
Thanks guys! I got them very cheap at OvernightPrints.com.

Like really, really inexpensive!;-)
A Prelude To... said…
I'm going to need to get some cards made up - I'm going to check out overnightprints! Thanks!
Hannah said…
Cute business cards!

I adore your fortune. Perfect! (And you should absolutely make fortune cookies with your business card inside!)

Glad to hear the kids are back in school. I had my own bouts with kids being sick FOREVER this year, and I'm so so so so thankful that is over...until next time. No fun.
ShutUpandRun said…
Glad the kids are better! I just got some cards made too. It feels very official. Have a great rest of the week..
Christi said…
Nice business cards! Maybe I should get some for my pseudo-website business. That might make it official!
Good morning! What's working for me is that my kitchen is done! woot woot! kids are still sleeping. um, what's not working is that I lost my running journal somehow...seriously just disappeared...I feel lost without it. Blogging isn't working for me this week. Just really feeling like I need to narrow it down to an hour a day at the most if that! This week, I've had no choice.
Love your cards! Hope you enjoy the time with your kids this week/weekend!
Unknown said…
nice cards! I need to get some updated ones made....
Today I go meet a retired gent named Jerry that lives up the street from me. He has 9 bee hives and is going to show me around. I think I might get to apprentice bee keep with him this year :)
KovasP said…
You can drop your business cards in the bowl at the restaurant and win a free lunch! Or, hopefully, you'll be passing them out to many prospective clients.
Steel Springs said…
Great fortune. I love the business cards!
Jill said…
I need to order some business cards, too. I fully attend to take advantage of dropping in the bowls at restaurants for freebies :).
This is the first time I have read your blog- and I am stuck home with sick kids so I am playing in blog land. It seems like everyone has been stuck at home sick this past month.

Enjoy your freedom.

Happy Running,
Elena
Maggs said…
Love the business cards!
Alison said…
Glad the kiddlies are better! And go you getting some swims in!

I'm assuming quickbooks is a tax thing???
XLMIC said…
Yeah... we got that fortune a while ago...

YAY! for healthy kids :) And I'll bet you get that quickbooks biz sorted out soon... you're a pretty smart chick ;-)

Working for me: my new supplements! no longer suffering from major ass-drag! woo hoo!

Not so much: getting bummed about my ol' bloggerino :(
Marissa said…
super cool blog here, newest follower :)

I am loving this running blog community I have found! AMAZING! I've always wanted to complete a triathlon! Stop by my healthy living blog if you get a chance, I'm just BEGINNING my running journey

http://letsmoveitmommas.blogspot.com
Aimee said…
Woohoo for the business cards! They look awesome!

Yay for your kiddos not being sick anymore! :)

Let's see, what's not working: my dang ITB!! It is still giving me problems and I'm just done with it!
Very nice cards :-) Congrats on the kiddos being back to reality. ;-)

Working- Um...the interview went very well! Ice cream dinner on the way home went just as well! :-)

Needs Improving- sleep, I will need to stock up on it. I'm entering my most intense training period since my Master's... 10 blissful years ago. It starts in... 9 *gasp* days! :-)
Love the fortune :)
And right now nothing i working for me :(
Congrats on getting into the pool!

And so glad the kids are done being sick. I hope it lasts!
Sherri said…
I thought all your hard work already paid off... your a rock star1 =)..I guess it's only going to get better! Hooray!
I must tell you! Your comments always make me smile!! Thanks!
Caratunk Girl said…
AM, those are awesome business cards!!

OK I have no kids and can barely blog 2x a week, I don't know how you did it!!
GREAT, GREAT design and message on your business cards!! You look professional.

How about sticking them in cereal boxes?!! :) Like coupons!!

Popular Posts