What's Working (and not so much...) Wednesday!


What's Working:
1. Ah-ha! I made the (not obvious to me at the time) connection on why I was uberly motivated to try out barefoot walk/running...I'm SUPER into reading Born to Run! And folks, this is pretty epic for me. The fact that I'm actually reading a book. Woo-hoo! And look how far I am...
The cover jacket is my book marker. I'm more than half way thru it. It's such a good read, and I guess you could say I'm riding the Born to Run wave!


2. Coconut Water: had to throw that one the mix, as I'm hosting a Giveaway for 2 winners to each win a case of the goods. Click here to enter;-)


3. This one's gonna sound weird, but stay with me... My kids are sick this week, which has meant we just h.a.n.g at home, stay in our pj's, and just be. And it makes me really appreciate the fact that I get to be the one to stay home and be with them. (and granted, they're not sick, sick, throwing up sick. Just cough)


What's Not:


1.I know all you parents out there can relate, but later, the lil' dude did get a fever...a pretty high one, and I had zero tylenol style medicine in the house. And it was ~6 o'clock and the DH was away for business. ugh. So...we had to make a driving adventure for some. We got it. He took it, and it was better...but not a fun situation to see your lil' dude with a high fever;(.


And that's what's pretty much working and not so much for me so far this week over here. Now...how about you? What's working and not so much in your camp? Would love to know...;-)

Comments

runkatie said…
I've wanted to read Born to Run! I am not a reader at all, but I think it would be good for me.

Let me know what you think of it once you finish it! :)
Steel Springs said…
I'll have to check out that book! Sorry that your little ones are sick. I hope they feel better soon!
KovasP said…
Our kids have been sick on and off for a couple of weeks, not so great.
Alison said…
Sending get well wishes to the lil' dude :)

And I really need to get my hands on a copy of Born to Run!
I fell and now cant sit on my bike, life is over as I know it (not really, but seriously, its a cruel joke taking the bike away from me)
I have so much trouble reading running books. Well, I have so much trouble reading non-fiction. Which sucks, because I have a giant stack of non-fictions books I would have to *have* read, but I don't want to read.
misszippy said…
Such a page turner...glad you are digging it!

Sorry the little ones are sick, but glad you can see the upside to your situation.
Christi said…
I am sorry abou the kiddos. I hope they better soon!

What's working for me: my motivation is coming back. I have worked out twice this week!

What's not working for me; my diet. I am still off track!
Glad the sickies get to be wth their mama at least!! I think this has to be my next run read--I keep seeing Born to Run on blogs and all positive reviews.
JC said…
I hope everyone is feeling better! I bet it felt so great for them too having you at home with them. YEAH to ONE COCONUT WATER! YUMMY! Love, love, love that stuff!
P.S. Nice toes!
Beth said…
I just finished Born to Run (I listened to it while I was running) and I loved it! I can't stomach coconut water but my hubby loves it!
Working:

*Varied workouts (incl. first time in 2 wks lifting today... yum! :-)

*YrBk near completion... (few more weeks, last minute stuff, but SO much better than 4 weeks ago!!!!)

*Responsible dinners (aka eating leftovers in varied forms for 3 straight days... budget blast! :-)

*ideas upon ideas for new work parts of life!

*hanging with N last night at Life with Cancer.. such an amazing and talented 4th grader!

*less waste (e.g. maybe 5% of trash bag filled in 4 days!)

Needs Improving:

*water intake (one time I'll make it a reality ;-)

*bed time (slipped up last night and I paid for it...)
Unknown said…
Born to Run is such a good book! Its amazing runner, barefoot runner, or not its a great read!

Hope you stay well and keep from getting sick and hope the little ones get better soon. I think my family is on the mend and I just have to be getting better. Colitis is not fun and I didn't realize how painful it is but I think it is getting better.

My son Jupiter is doing really well dispite breaking his talking device. We just went to his parent teacher meeting and he is doing great at school. So ups and downs but life is good :)
That picture is too cute with him holding his meds.
Anonymous said…
Ahem! You know what's working for me this week! ;) Hope the kiddos feel better!
Unknown said…
Get well soon to your littluns!
Aimee said…
It's so hard with little ones are sick! We've had to make several of those last minute trips to Walgreens for Ibuprofen. But, hanging out in PJs is pretty nice! :)
Marci said…
I know how it is to be sick... considering I work with kids and have been sick all year long!

Whats working: I'm actually motivated to train for National now that it's two weeks out!

What's Not: My fundraising for Girls on the Run in conjuction with running the National Marathon!
Hi!

Nice blog you have here. FYI, I created a community of triathlete bloggers online called TriumphTriathlon.com. It's still in BETA phase right now but I'm trying to grow the community. You could also win free entry into the 140.6 of your choice! Please check out. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work on your blog!

Make it a great day,
Ruben

Popular Posts