Killer Filler Friday!


1. I received good news in the mail yesterday. Nah,it's not the Women's Running mag (that came in the mail too), but the lil' letter up top with the .6 font...yah that one...My (first ever!) mammogram came back clear! Woo-hoo. I figured it would, but the reality of my new Supporting Role and family health situation now has me needing one of these yearly from here on out...so I say...Bring it On Baby!;-)

2. One last sappy plea for all to enter the fabulous O.N.E coconut water Giveaway. It ends tonight and I'll announce the winners (yes, two of ya) Sunday!;-) Click to here to Enter. Today's the last day...

3. Confession! The Dear Hubby has been gone all week, and this found me late night binging on ice cream and gluttony crap t.v. like The Housewives of....Wherever. Oy Dios Mio! I really think there's a direct correlation in eating junk food and watching junk T.V. I wasn't craving carrots when I was watching....oh, no...I was craving more ice cream and chips!  But then when I finally dragged myself away from the tube and read my Born to Run book, I wasn't craving it at all...Hm.....have ya ever felt that way?

4. Okay, this last one is a Running related: I have my 5wk to 5k Run Group 5k Race this Sunday! It's at Crissy Field and it's a flat out and back course along the Bay in San Francisco. I'm excited;-) I don't think I'm ready for a PR, but I am ready to rumble!

Well, OK! That's my Killer Filler status over here. Now how about you? What fluff can you send my way?  Happy Friday Friends!;-)

Comments

Christi said…
Good luck with your 5k this weekend! Go "ignite the light!"
AM! said…
Oooh Christi!
Thx for the reminder! yes!
misszippy said…
Girlfiend, I am a Housewives junkie! NY, LA, and even Beverly Hills have all kept me glued to the set. Sad, I know!

Glad you got a good result on that mammo! And good luck this weekend!
Anne-Marie said…
#1- Yay! Happy to hear that.
#3- This is why I'm glad I don't have cable... I get sucked into all those junk reality tv shows waaaaaaay too easily!
#4- good luck with your 5k!!

I'm running a 10 miler tomororw... aaaaannnnnnnd there's about 3" of snow on the ground with more coming down as I type. The high tomorrow is 49 though... Should be a messy race!
Heather said…
This reminds me....I need to have my first mammogram done too. Yay! yours came back clear. Have fun at your 5k this weekend!
KovasP said…
Congrats on the good news!
Good to here about #1

I cant ride right now, im hurt, if was in Cali, I would come out and run, sighhh what is this world coming to when I cant ride and rather would run
Jennifer said…
I am totally with you on the TV junk food connection. I have had about 6 mamo's since I turned 40. Uncomfortable and strange but fast and so worth it! Good for you!
adena said…
I love Friday filler!
Teamarcia said…
Woot for the healthy girls! have a great weekend!
Clair said…
Good luck with your 5K on Sunday! Do you need any help with setup or anything? Email me if you do, I live pretty close and can come by if you need another set of hands.
Congrats on the good mammogram result. Have a great time with the 5k. And if you want to pick me for one of your giveaway winners I promise to do a decent happy dance.
Aimee said…
Yay on a clear mammogram! Woohoo!!
I just got a bunch of labs done and they all came back great too! :)

Good luck with the 5k! You're going to do great!

I totally hear you about junk t.v. making you want junk food! It happens to me too. Ugh!
Woohoo for a clean bill of health :)
Congrats on the clear results.

Bravo.com is addictive for us non TV folks... and in all of it, I always learn something or more! :-)

Other fillers:

Here's part of the 50M course after our rains...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vhtrc/sets/72157626245685418/

Wish I could have gone on the recon mission (3 mi from school), but it started when my kids came.

Did my first 3600yd swim today! Wired... happy... and relaxed!! :-)

Had amazing chat with Mom... love the respectful convos!
Anne said…
Thanks for your encouragement Anne-Marie!
Yay for a clear mammo and have a blast with your 5k ladies :)
Raquelita said…
That's great news about the mammogram coming back all clear! Good luck at your 5k!

I'm going to spend tomorrow hanging out with my mom.
XLMIC said…
I should go cheer you on this weekend! But my kid has a piano recital.

Mammos... not so fun. I had my first at 34 and then didn't have another for 10 years because I was always either pregnant or breastfeeding. They are pretty necessary for me, though, so I am regularly getting them now. So glad yours came back good :)

Have a great 5K! And hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!
Unknown said…
Have a great race!!!!

I was worried about you guys up there in Santa Cruz today, I hope your house is okay! We saw all kinds of reports on the harbors and boats in your area!
Unknown said…
I'm the same for the trashy tv when Mike's not in. We tend to go for the junk together though hehe

Popular Posts