Goals for the Week 10: Double Digits Baby!

Hi! I don't know why but seeing we've reached double digit status for 2011 is kinda fun. It's like when my kids turned five and said 'I need to use my whole hand now to show how old I am!' Sorta like that...


And for me, not only this week, but month, is going to be a growing one in many areas of my life. My Supporting Role will be tested, I'm ramping up my training expectations, and I'm challenging myself to match my actions with my intentions out of life. I'm not trying to sound too deep, but that's the sorta month I'm envisioning. And I'm ready. bring it on baby.  


So speaking of actions and bringing it on, here are my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Keep reading Born to Run (thanks to all for your rec's of fav books!). I cannot believe I'm actually reading an honest to goodness book! Woo-hoo! 
Also, have a coconut water during  & post workout.


Mom: Almond Oil and new dress shoes for my lil A (her hair is so fine and needs the oil, and I realized yesterday she has zero dress shoes. Just rain boots and running shoes)


Finances: Start Quickbooks for 2011. oy! This is BIG for me. 20 min 3x's a day. I can do it, I can do it...


Health: Back to Basics: 2 coffees in am, 1 in pm if wanted, normal portions thru out day & that includes dessert AM!


Personal Growth: Meditate on the following for a few minutes each morning before I get out of bed: Contemplate myself as surrounded by the conditions which I want to create. Act as if they're already here.  


Now, as always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read it each morning as I chug my coffee and review my day. And that's what's on my docket for the week. And now my question for you What's on your radar for the week? Would love to know! Talk to me, Talk to me! 


(also, would love for ya to check back manana for a fun lil' giveaway...woo-hoo!)

Comments

Overall- Keep Calm and Focus with Fun!

Teacher- inspire and accountability

(2 days of state testing, so I'm shooting for support, creativity, and steady learning when they're not testing)

Yearbook- Find the solutions! Hit the curve balls into homeruns! :-)

Athlete- get in the swims! :-)

Health- Dig deep into solutions, ideas, etc..

Personal Growth- More Reiki and Visualizatoin.

Home- Clean out 5-12 more things...donate with joy!
Lisa said…
I loved "Born to Run," it's a great book. I wish I was dedicated enough to meditate a few minutes each day, but I am just not able to do it. I'm so bad at clearing out my mind and just sitting in peace. I commend you for making it a goal!
Unknown said…
gosh, this week is a prep week. A prep week for a big weekend. Hubs leaves for a training camp. Still need to find him a place in Tuscon (sheesh), house sitting, long run, work, etc. So this week I will prep. I like prepping thought.
;)
Caratunk Girl said…
I loved Born to Run. I literally just read it like 2 weeks ago.

Hey a book that I should have mentioned but didn't was Long Run by Matt Long. It isn't women specific but an incredibly inspiring true story. I read it in 2 days
Anne-Marie said…
I've heard so much about Born To Run, really need to add it to my list to read!

My goals-

Athlete- don't over do it... listen to my coach's instructions... I was a little overzealous on my track intervals last Thurs, and my legs were tired alllllll weekend as a result. Can't push myself to the point that one workout puts a damper on the next 3!

Home- keep up the streak of organizing/cleaning out. I spent 2 hours cleaning & cleaning out my bathroom/medicine cabinet/closet today and can't believe how much more relaxing a well-organized, really clean bathroom feels!

Employee- declutter my desk. 'nuff said.

Nutrition/food- look for healthy new meal ideas that are good for "eat some, freeze some" or make multiple portions... nutrition this week wasn't optimal because I didn't feel like cooking every night.
Thanks for your sweet comments AM! :) I love the thoughtfulness you put into your weekly goals and always admire the balance that is evident throughout!

have a fab week!!
Jessie said…
Looks like a good week! I love making lists!
Aimee said…
I loved "Born to Run!" :)
Alison said…
Good luck with this week in your supporting role...

Me, I'm going to focus on personal growth this week. I want to try and be happy with my life As It Is Right Now. Simple, but such a difficult thing to achieve when stress and work and life are all piling in on top of me..
Christi said…
I love your personal growth goal. I should do that as well.
Raquelita said…
Great goals! Mine for the week are to run outside and enjoy it and to finish a stage of a publication project I've been working on for months.

Popular Posts