Fun Stuff in the Mail!

1. Thanks TeamMarcia! My first official running bumper sticker and clingy. I'm passing along the Run Fast Dream Big sticker to Holly (she guessed what I'm gonna buy from CSN).


2. And I received a triathlon swim/bike/run clingy from Aimee- and that one will find a home somewhere on my car- my NEWLY cleaned car! 


But the stuff doesn't stop there! My DH (dear hubby) also got the USAT 5 disc triathlon training series for us. I need to just hunker down and watch the discs (to help eventually get the EC's needed to renew my USAT Coaching Certif). AND he got the McMillan Running Drills for Distance Runners DVD. And this DVD seems less consuming/overwhelming. One that I can hopefully pop in this week. 


Oh, and what are those random math equations/numbers in the background on a clip board you ask? Well, the 5k I ran Sunday, was actually a 3.25 miler (I had my Garmin and Kaiser admitted it was longer)! And that's a big difference! So, I converted all my fellow mama runners times, to know our 5k time. And let's just say it made me feel a bit better:). All things equated correctly, I ran a 20:44 5k and a 6:41 min/mi. I'll take it for the beginning of 2011.


So that's my fun stuff in the mail. Ya got any fun mail to share? or not? OH, and I have the opportunity to make some bumper stickers or clingy's myself down the road. Ya got any ideas for me? I have a few, but you all are so clever I'd love your help...Keep on Runnin' Friends! (no...that ain't my bumper sticker idea, just a random shout out..;)

Comments

"Kaiser admitted it was longer"

May I inquire what is the Kaiser?
Unknown said…
Fun stuff!!

Hmmmm about the 5+k--great running
AM! said…
Kaiser! Ha..It's Kaiser...the hospital!;-)
Great time! I'm so impressed! I've never been able to break 20 min in the 5k. One of these days. I was saying how I'd much rather run a half marathon than race a 5k...they hurt! Great job you! I got a cool sticker in the mail from Lindsay from Chasing the Kenyans...awesome sticker. I've also been given the opportunity to make a sticker but I don't know what I would do. hmmmm.
Teamarcia said…
yay glad you got the stickers! I was afraid they'd be held up with all the snow--actually they kind of were.
The McMillan drill DVD sounds darn good. I <3 all things McMillan!
Anne-Marie said…
Congrats on the 5k! I'm doing a 5k race as a threshold test this coming Saturday... kinda nervous because I haven't done ANY running speedwork since my last 5k which was Oct 2. AND the current high is 29F, eek. But, I guess you gotta start somewhere... This is the stuff that builds character, right? :)
Aimee said…
Yay..I'm glad you got the tri cling!

Woohoo on your speedy 5k time! :)
Alison said…
Haha, you math/pace geek! Love it!!
Clair said…
Congrats on the 5K. Your group had an amazing day for their first race.
That is an AWESOME time speedy!! Wow!!! I have never raced a 5k,so I have no idea what that feels like--I'm guessing lots of burn in the lungs and legs!
I hate when races have courses that are too long, or too short. I once ran a 5k where everyone got a time that was about 7 minutes better than they were expecting. None of us had anything tracking the distance, but there's no way it could have been 3.1 miles.
XLMIC said…
Congrats on the 5K time! WTG!

Looks like you got some fun stuff... and there is yet another fun thing in the mail headed your way ;-) It should be there tomorrow or Thursday!

I rarely get fun mail. The last thing fun I got was Catey's (random thoughts from the zoo) New Years card. She has 8 super cute kids and they were all on the card.
Christina said…
Speedy!! I am waiting for a package from Singapore. My best friend is sending me some liquid eyeliner and eyebrow pencil. Yep. Vain like that!

Love those clingy stuff. I like running clingy stuff on my vehicle. So far I have a 13.1 sticker and I am proud of it!
Unknown said…
oh I got my stickers too! I love them. So fun. I put one on my window of my car. Gotta love fun mail!
LC
Charisa said…
Congrats on the LONG 5k :)
Chris K said…
Impressive race. I've never run a 5K, but wonder if I could break 20:00. Might be close.

Popular Posts