What's Worked and Not So Much: Friday Chain Reaction Edition


 What's Worked:
1. I received 3 really endearing compliments these past 2 days, each in a different area of my life: My work, this lil' blog, and as a mom. I mean, who doesn't like compliments? And it always feels good to feel valued and have other people let you know you've helped or motivated them. And it's like a chain reaction...


Because from there, I believe these all indirectly inspired me to do 2 things. 

2. First, I still had ~10 helium star/birthday balloons floating around our tiny abode from kid b-day party. I was all set to pop em' this wknd, but somehow got the idea to bring them to a Senior Living center. I figured they could maybe use them. So on my way to pick up the sitter last night, I swung by and dropped them off. And the faces of two women sitting in the front lobby as I walked in was like magic. They marveled over them, and the lady behind the desk said they'd love them. And I thought, how sorta simple was this? It took me an extra ~7 minutes outta my day to sprinkle some good energy their way...


3. And that night (our first official Date Night of 2011), I bumped into a swimmer friend who earlier that day shared how absolutely stressed she was about her new job. Like uber, uber stressed. So stressed she was coughing after every 50yd interval. Well, she was walking out of a jewelry store and shared she was trying to find some sort of charm to wear to work that could maybe help her feel better. And I remembered this charm above. The charm I won from awesome gal TeamMarcia in a giveaway a few months ago. It has such good energy from this bloggy world and I thought it might be the perfect charm and chain for her.  So I have it around my neck right now and I'm dropping it off to her today. 

Now...What's Not So Much:

1. MY COMPUTER! I was sans mine for the past ~3 days! Talk about withdrawal. Hence why this post is today vs. Weds. I had to finally have the hard drive replaced. I now have it back (ahhhhhh....) but am still in the midst of figuring out what files I have/or not anymore. Talk about a doosy! But it's all good b/c I got my lil' computy wooty back;-)


So...that's what's working and not so much for me over here this week. Now YOU- I'd love to hear how what's worked and maybe not so much for you... Talk to me, talk to me!    

Comments

Unknown said…
Great idea taking he balloons to a senior centre! Sounds like they loved them :-)
Deb said…
How very sweet of you to think of your friend that way. The charm will no doubt be a wonderful gift from a very thoughtful friend. Good job! Also, the balloon idea is great idea, one the balloon shops could promote very easily! Recycling at it's best.

(from a new follower!)
Working - back training, on a plan, freaking love that I am training again

Not Working - told I cant do an ironman, we will just see about that
What a great thing, to spread a little cheer to those Seniors who are probably too often forgotten!

And that charm is great!
misszippy said…
You are so thoughtful! I would only have thought of popping those suckers, not doing something like that--you rock! And the same goes for the necklace.

Stinks about the computer! Living without is pretty much impossible today.
ShutUpandRun said…
I love the 2 things. We can all do those small things to make someone's day brighter. It is simply contagious.
Kris said…
Wouldn't have thought to drop the balloons at a senior center, what an awesome idea!

What's not working for me right now: me thinking I could catch up on some blogs while the baby is asleep because the preschooler is jumping all over me as I type......
Velma said…
Paying it forward - so important!!
Anonymous said…
Awesome small acts that means SO much!!!
Christi said…
Practicing random acts of kindess! That is awesome!
Teamarcia said…
What great things you're doing! I am happy to see the 'magical' charm necklace passed on.

Working for me? Grateful to be painfree post root canal-blech!

Not working? Thing 2 rode her kindy bus for 90 minutes because the sub driver missed her stop. Not a happy mama.
XLMIC said…
You are so incredibly thoughtful! It is small actions that often set the best feelings in motion.

Working for me: my running progress, my great relationship with my husband.

Not so much: my patience-level with my two sons, my crappy relationship with my mother.
A Prelude To... said…
Chain reaction. Karma. What goes around comes around. It is all SO TRUE!! What lovely ways to pay it forward!!! You are awesome!
Working:

*2-hr delay Weds= 3-hrs uninterrupted work time @ school with a working copy machine (mid-terms done!)

*Sharing my room for hot chocolate and donut time (PE kids won it for great archery skills! :-)

*Inching closer to our yrbk sales goal...woo woo!

*Warm weekend weather= long trail runs!

*A 9th grader returned, all mature, and told me how much of a difference I made.

Needs Improving:

*Food... and discipline!

*Making time for yoga and other me-stuff :-)
Christina said…
Even the smallest things can make someone's day brighter. :)

You are so thoughtful.
Unknown said…
I always love these, know why? Because the good out weighs the bad. That works for me!
LC
Such a great thing you did that probably meant so much to those seniors. You are amazing for doing what most of us would not have even thought to do!
RunToTheFinish said…
you are a wonderful example of giving to others and how easy can and should be
Unknown said…
How sweet, I love the balloons and the charm. So thoughtful. What a way to make a few peoples' day!

Popular Posts