Goals for the Week #1: Baby You're a FIREWORK!


Week numero uno is here! So let's start it off with a bang! And with that, I had to share my theme for 2011. This here song above. I know it's off center on my blog, but had to share! And now a lil' history. I am NOT one to know virtually any Top 40 songs as I never listen to the radio. BUT, I somehow stumbled upon this song from a co-worker and I was hooked! And I haven't watched a music video in eons, so I couldn't believe all the emotion behind this one. DANG.
So it's my mantra for the year. And it's also inspiring me to bring more music into my life...

Which leads me to my Goals for the Week!

ME: Give myself a lil' time this week to download some songs from itunes. Use that genius app to help me

Mom: Make list/action plan for kid's 'kid' b-day party this weekend (i know, can't believe i have yet another 'party' to plan for!) keep it s.i.m.p.l.e!

Home: Out with the old- take ~4 bags of toys to donation center. give ~2 bags of kid clothes to friend.

Athlete: spin 2x's, swim 2x's, run 3x's and ST 3 x's this week. 30 min each. ez entry back into training.


Health: 2 cups of coffee a day, then switch to tea


As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my coffee tea and plan my day. So that's what I've got lined up this week. Now...how about you? What's your week look like? Talk to me! Oh and remember.. Make em' go OH, OH, OH! Oh! out there!

Comments

Alison said…
I love this song. I didn't really like Katy Perry until I hear this. Great anthem for 2011 :-)

I'll be adopting your health goal somewhere down the line, but for now, my main goal this week is a work one: re-establish a regular routine after all the holiday craziness. And a girl needs coffee for that :D
Raquelita said…
These are fantastic goals, as always! I try to do that with the coffee to tea switch too. I'm going to a conference during the second part of the week - so I'm aiming to run once and do yoga once while I'm away.
Maggs said…
Happy New Year! I might download that song for my iPod. I've been stuck on 80 punk rock lately.
Overall- Simple and Steady

Personal Growth- Reiki self treatment daily

Health- Hydration focus

Athlete- cardio 3+x, yoga 4+x, st and core 2x

Teacher- Steady review; additional concepts; build up towards mid-terms

Writer- Play with the pieces

Financial- Keep to budget/plan and enjoy the journey

Happy Week 1 to All! :-)
Caratunk Girl said…
I hadn't heard that song (I am not with the top 40 either! ha) but it is a good one!

Happy New Year AM - 2011 is going to ROCK!
JBM said…
omg this song is always running through my head! catchy catchy! just wanted to say happy new year to you and yours! hope you have a fantastic year!
Runnin' Momma said…
I love that song too, it has such a good message. I also love lady A's Hello World song, it too has just a great message.
Christi said…
I love this song so much! This one and Not Afraid by Eminem are my songs for 2011. At least right now.

Good luck with your goals!
Jill said…
I actually like Katy Perry and have a few of her songs on my iPod! I have an radio on my new iPod and I love it - I'm always looking for new songs for playlists and this is the perfect way!

I put a pic of you on my last post, twas a pleasure to meet you live in 2010! Best wishes for 2011girl! Hopefully our paths will cross again soon!
Silvergirl said…
Thanks for a great song suggestion to add to my Ipod -I, too, am hoping to download some new songs to "spice" up my playlist since I am trying to get myself back to the gym more often. I need all the help I can get when it comes to going indoors and working out!
RunToTheFinish said…
i have my new planner with my goals for the week! I"m also using it daily to write down my sacred 6, which are the 6 things that are most important to accomplish that day. yeah!! here's to accomplishing and enjoying a lot in 2011
RunningWhit said…
I love this song too. Happy New Year!!!
Melissa said…
Love Katy Perry!

I love your goals for the week mentality (don't know if I've ever told you that and I've followed for a long time.)

Sounds like a plan. What's the party theme??
YOU are a FIRE-WORK!!

When do you typically think of your goals for the week? After your 2 c. of coffee?! :)

It is a great exercise in dedication and accountability!!
blog goal: to read your blog more often. One of my favorites.

mommy goal: to spend one on one time with each kid even if it is only for 15 minutes.

running: kick off my training with a bang! oh, and listen to my body

relationship: Have SEX more often! :)
Unknown said…
Totally jiving to this song. I always think of my kids when I hear this song. Me too, but my kids! I want them to let their light shine. Okay.. I digress! :)

Happy 2011 woman.
Leah F said…
I've also been totally feeling that song lately, and I'm not a big one for Top 40 either. I'd never seen the video--thanks for sharing!!
I have loathed Katy Perry's last few singles, but I LOVE this song.

I love your goals this week. That genius thing on iTunes is, well, genius.
easing back into training is never easy-week 1 of my training kicked my arse-which leads me to my goal for the week: not to skip any workouts!
Unknown said…
It's fun to read your athlete goal for this week. I'm going to try for swimming two times, too! Yeah for Katy Perry. I have so many of her songs on my ipod for running right now, she's spicy!

Popular Posts