GFTW 5: 5 Goals, the SuperBowl, and a 5k Race!


Happy Sunday All! It's sunny here in Nor California (don't kill me East Coasters), and it's lookin' that way for the entire week. I know. not fair. So I'm gonna soak it ALL up and embrace it all the way...thru next Sunday when I have my first 5k race of the year, followed by a Superbowl Fiesta (Go Steelers!).  
So here's what I've got tee'd up for my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: Plan and implement my ~8 hr training sched for this week. 

Health: Carrots instead of xtra chips, ONE dessert serving, remember H2o.

Mom: Start a chapter book with the kids. Maybe ~10-15 min a few times this week at bedtime. I'm thinking Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Wife: Date Night- either dinner or a movie. Hmm....which one to do? With Oscars around the corner I'm leaning more towards a movie. 

Career: Write 1 Examiner Article, and work on finalizing GFTW Coaching programs outline.

Personal Growth: Meditate on the following: Want more for others than you want for yourself (from Wayne Dyer's 12 Steps to being with Source from his Power of Intention book)

As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as I chug my coffee and plan my day. And I normally don't post Career goals on my blog, but figured to throw it in the mix just to show what they look like (oh, and to maybe make myself more accountable!). 

And that's sorta what's on my radar this week. Now...how about YOU? What do you have tee'd up for the week. Would love to know! Talk to me, talk to me!;-)


Comments

Unknown said…
Great goals as always! Have a great week :-)
Love Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. All things Roald Dahl really. Good idea...I should try these books again now that they are getting older. Only so much of Judy Moody that I can take. :) Date night is important even if it is just watching a show on the coach together or sitting down uninterrupted for an hour during the week. Love your Meditation too...a hard one. You are such a beautiful spirit!
Unknown said…
That mediation goal always makes me happy even if I don't think it can be done :) Have a wonderful week!
Oh, and the books, maybe the Spiderwick Chronicles....My son Sam and I loved reading them together!
Christi said…
Great goals! Go Steelers!
Alison said…
Movie: there are some great ones around at the moment! Don't go see Blue Valentine though. Great movie, but very depressing, and not date night material.

My main goal this week, health: cut back on the sugar binges, only 2 pieces of fruit and some dark chocolate daily.

There, now I've said it I have to do it :D
Aimee said…
Nice goals!
Aww...date night! I would give anything to have a date night! Whatever you decide, have a great time! :)
I still need to map out my week, which reminds me: I should write out my meals for the week.
Overall- Accept and Adapt

Me- Daily Reiki treatments

Me 2- Lots of yoga! :-)

Health- Listen to the body, appreciate what it does, and take a step towards mindful eating

Health 2- Lots of Wa-ter! :-)

Athlete- Consistency with all workouts, and variety as needed. Go a step beyond, and be willing to bounce with life!

Athlete 2- Long Run Sat or Sun- make it happen!

Teacher- Guide 'em steadily... forget about weather delays... get 'em to where they need to be

Teacher 2- Focus on the positive, ignore the rest.. just get the head down and grind away :-)

Family Mem- Write Grandma a letter (not sure I did that was a goal last week..needs to be reality!)

Writer- Play with pieces, focus, and edit!

Yearbook- Get 3-5 pages done (weather and mid-terms delayed..so what!)

Peaceful Journeys of Joy!
Laura said…
Love these goals..especially the meditation one..
My goal is to get in whatever workouts I can (this may mean doing core at hom or yoga) due to the 40cm+ of snow we are supposed to get. :(
Born To Endure said…
Hey it was sunny here today in Canada too..not warm, but sunny...the calm before the storm..hee hee
Ewa said…
I miss reading to my son.Now, sometimes on long, long car drives he reads to me.
Meditation has always been on my "I really need to do it, but never get to" list.
I am getting better about setting my goals for the week though. See, you are inspiring me. Thanks.
As always love your goals.
Raquelita said…
I love the goals this week, especially the reading to your kids and the meditation!

This week most of my goal activity will be on the career front. I'll be on the road for part of the week, so my fitness goal is to get in one little yoga practice while I'm gone.
Christina said…
I love the BFG, The Twits (or something like that) and James and the Giant Peach!

He's a good writer and I love his books when I was a younger.

My goals? I still have yet to start on my closet. Been sick and trying to get over it last week. So, I'm gonna work on my closet THIS week. :)
Jen said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Great goals!! Love the date night idea! Have a great week!
Lisa said…
Love your goals! I have a busy week ahead but I've already planned out dinners for each week night, which is unheard of for me. That was one of my goals for the week.

Popular Posts