GFTW 3: The Beach, The Track and Me!


aw. I simply love this picture. I took it of my lil' guy almost one year ago to the day. He was marveling over a plane in the sky and said he wanted to do that to. You gotta love those moments. And I think I captured it here. I'm also showing this b/c (well honestly, b/c my computer is still acting up and I can't download my TRX pics!) we're going to 'nana's beach' again today, and I want to be present to it all.

So with this picture in my mind, here's what I got lined up for my Goals for the Week:

Mom: Read to them a bit from my own Shel Silverstein poem books a couple times this week.

Health: New water bottles for me and the kids! And then use mine!-how about that?;-) 

Athlete: I just found out that the local high school track is OPEN to the public during school hours! How cool is that!! So...go visit the track this week, and bring along my TRX bands to see if I can fasten them somewhere there. maybe a goal post? We'll see...I'm just excited both personally and for my training groups!

Friend: Mail a lil' gift to my dear friend who is embarking on a big new adventure in her life. Also confirm family vacation dates w/my swimmer BFF

ME!(I like writing this one w/an exclamation point!)Get a pedicure (these lil' toes deserve it!), and indulge in bloggy reading tonite while watching the Golden Globes;-)


And as always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to review it each morning as I chug my coffee and plan my day. And this is what I've generally got on my docket. Now...how about YOU? What's on your radar for the week? Would LOVE to know! Talk to me, and tell me here! (And I hope to get my TRX pics up here on a post at some point...!)

Comments

Unknown said…
That's a lovely picture! Have a great week :-)
Anonymous said…
Love the pic! Good idea about the pedicure - I think I'll do the same. Have a great week, my good friend! XO
That is a great picture!
My little toes so ned a pedicure, I should put that on my goals list!
Overall: Push on...push on!

Me- slow down, remember to visualize, and be grateful!

Teacher- work with what comes..(weather iffy, mid-terms starting, field trips in the mix...) and make the moments count!

YrBk- Hmm... do what can be done with mid-terms in the forefront!

Family Mem- Remember to send out the bro-in-law's b-day card.

Writer- Work on a few new projects... no matter what... just make it a reality! :-)

Athlete- Believe..Mix it up.. and make it a reality! :-)

Health- More "real" food please.. maybe attempt to reduce my reliance on homemade granola bars. ;-)

Peace and Joy to All! (and snow when it may fall!)
Christina said…
Wonderful goals. I like reading your goals and come up with mine. Ha!

For work this week, I am going to carry one of those huge water bottle I recycled from my OJ bottle and drink it up before I get home.

As an athlete, I'm gonna do my runs like I have been doing and throw in a session of something different (weights/bike/whatever since I am so bad at it)

P.S.: Got your e-mail! You are infectious - your kindness and thoughtfulness for others.
mjcaron said…
I'm interested in seeing your trx pics. :) And yes, you captured his expression perfectly.
justme said…
i really need to put down some goals ...
Caratunk Girl said…
Oh LOVE that picture of your little guy.

Oh. I like the pedicure idea....
XLMIC said…
That picture gets a really big "AWWWWW" from me! It is beautiful.

I can only imagine what sort of super cool vacation you would concoct! Do tell!

I need to evaluate the week... working on re-enrollment/financial aid/tax paperwork for the next 24 hours... pretty consuming! I think after that I'll just collapse in a heap and watch an episode of The Waltons. How's that for inspiring?
teacherwoman said…
I remember you posting that picture and the story behind it the first time. How wonderful!
Unknown said…
oh that photo is amazing!!
I hope you had a lovely time at the beach :)
Beth said…
That picture really is amazing. You can see the dreams forming in his head. Hope you have a wonderfule week!
Beth said…
Love the picture of your son! I am not really sure yet what to focus on this week, probably just getting well and back to normal.
There's something so...magical about that photo.

It's interesting that the high school track is open during school hours. You can't get anywhere near our schools around here during the day.

Tomorrow I'm going on a hike with some friends. I'm really excited. We usually work out in the gym, so it'll be nice to be outside enjoying some sunshine.

Popular Posts