Just What This Mama Needed...Thank You Velma!!





Look what came in the mail this afternoon! A cute lil' card that read 'Every mom needs a good sitter' w/a pic of a comfy chair, along with a candy cane sweatband from my Bloggy Santa Velma! So sweet right? And it came at just the right time. Seriously. I immediately slipped it on:
 Yup, that's me attempting a smile, in the midst of doing post Christmas clean up and thank you cards with kids:


oh...and the kids 5th b-day card invitations
Sprinkled with attempting to re-organize our life kid's bedroom. (I couldn't muster the energy of getting a pic of this. Just visualize kid krazy kingdom.)


So by 3:02pm when the dear hubby came home, I just looked at him. 'I need a quick run' I said. (It'd been two plus days of Christmas craziness and I hadn't been alone for over ~72 hrs). He saw my face and just nodded. 


So out I went for a quick run, and it brought back some sanity to my life. And the fun thing was having the candy cane sweat band along for the ride. It gave me the nod knowing there's SOO many of us fellow mama runners out there who just 'Get it". Who understand a quick outdoor run IS what keeps us going. 
So here's me post run:)
Thank you Jill for putting together the Bloggy Santa idea. So fun!! I loved giving my card/gift to Sherri at RunningRocks. And Velma -you rocked as my SS! For those of you who haven't visited her blog, you should. Here's three reasons: 1. You can tell she's just a really, really nice person. 2. She's a professor in Criminology and Justice (right Velma?) 3. She's a fellow mama runner!!
That's it for me. Heck, I wasn't even planning on posting til' tomorrow but had to share the Santa Love and ponder on the power of the blogging world;-)
Peace out friends and I'm hoping to show the Splish suits manana!

Comments

XLMIC said…
You look so REAL happy post-run! No wonder you have a blog called "goals for the week"... you got lots o' stuff to get done AND you actually get it done!

hmmmm... looking at taking this a little more seriously... lol

And the headband is a winner for sure!
Jill said…
I LOVE it!! It fits you very well and is just adorable!! Glad your Christmas just keeps on coming :).

Ooo,and birthday party in the midst of the crazyness of the holidays would make me manic!! You are wonderwoman!!

Glad you enjoyed the gift exchange - was a lot of fun!!! :)
Christina said…
Cool gift! I'm glad you got something fun in the mail today!
Guess what fun stuff I got in my mail today? Your Christmas card! I had the biggest smile on my face when I saw that card. :) Precious family pic!

Have fun planning and executing the birthday party!
You look happy and the head band looks lovely on you! Hope you enjoyed your run. And yay for parties...love that you had your kids help with the invites.
Tortuga_Runner said…
Glad you got out for a run, sweatybands are always a great gift.
H Love said…
love it! I missed the S.S. Great idea!
Alison said…
I'm imagining kid krazy kingdom and it ain't pretty...

Me, my mum and my sister were shut up for 72 hours together in a tiny cottage, and it started to get a li'l crazy towards the end. Add to that the ker-azy excitement of kids at Christmas, and I bet you felt like you'd had the biggest adrenaline crash by yesterday! So great that you and DH can work as a tag team and take the pressure off each other.

Enjoy the sweatband -- and the last week of 2010!
Velma said…
Yea! I am so sorry it came late - I really thought it would get to your house on time :)

You are always crazy busy, and that is why we love the blog!
ShutUpandRun said…
Nice stuff from Velma!!

Glad you got our for a run. This time of year it's essential to use those coping mechanisms!!

I can run, so I use wine. Within reason.
ShutUpandRun said…
PS: Thx for the card. Just loved it.
Christi said…
The run looks like it did the trick!
Caratunk Girl said…
Holy cow, you are BUSY woman!! I can't imagine a birthday party in the middle of all of the holiday stuff!!

Cool headband!

Running is therapy for sure!

Oh and yes - John is my man. :) I don't talk about him much on my blog, but yuppers, he is my guy!
Anne-Marie said…
Very cute headband! Running always does the trick for me whenever I'm stressing over something...

BTW my card was waiting for me when I got back from my parents' house last night... love it, thank you! :)
Leah F said…
What a nice treat! I almost ordered that exact Sweaty Band for myself!
LMC said…
Nice gift from your SS! You look great in it! Good luck with everything you've got going on these days, particularly the twins' birthday!
That post-run face is exactly why I run!
Aimee said…
What a fun gift! I'm so glad you were able to get out for your run! I think we've all had those moments when we just needed to run!
Congrats on the headband and the run!

I've been surgically attached to my parents and almost-7 yr old nephew for the last 4 days. Add in non stop travel and other relative visits- and holy smokes!

How you Moms do it... is beyond me! My dad offered to watch the blonde goober this morning so I could hit the hotel gym, and the last few minutes he joined me.

My mornings in the hotel gyms have been my sanity for the rest of the day.

Cool head bands off to all moms/dads/guardians out there!
That headband is so cute! What a fun idea, the Secret Bloggy Santa thing.

I hope you had a lovely (though busy!) Christmas.
Unknown said…
Love the headband! Glad the run restored some sanity! The ice is starting to clear round here, I can't wait to get back out there :-)
Sherri said…
Love the band....I need to do a post..about my Super Special Secret Santa Sister! ;)
Fashion Mom said…
I admire people sporting, because i don't practice , i have to start something, I am almost 40 and I feel that I have to do something x

www.thefashionmom.com

Popular Posts