GFTW 49: I think it's Time...

Hi All! This post'll be short and sweet as I'm off to help my swimmer BFF at her company holiday party. Last week sorta seems like a whirlwind, and now looking ahead I'm seein a lot of the same thing. So...as I sip my egg nog latte I realize I think it's time. It's time to commit to being more present with my life these next few weeks, and not let it all get away from me. And how does that look in my day to day? Well I'm still sipping my latte, looking at my calendar, and figuring that out.

But here's what I've got so far for my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: Put out my 2011 5wks to 5k program to see level of interest


Mom: Read a Christmas story to them each day or night. Have them each pick out their birthday card invites.

Health: Take care of my mind, body, and spirit by meditating for a minute or two each day.

Grandaughter: Make and mail a fabulous christmas/birthday package to her. 


Personal Growth: A risk each day, big or small...just take one;). Also start thinking about my vision/goals for 2011 in all areas of my life. Just think about them right now.

As always, I write these in my organizer and attempt to review them each morning as I chug my coffee. And that's what I've got lined up so far. Now for all YOU! What do you have goin' on for your week? Talk to me, talk to me!;-) And if you've never posted here..consider it your risk for the day and give it a go!;-)

Comments

XLMIC said…
Really like that last one! Right up my alley.

I was derailed last week by a 3-day migraine... here's hoping for no more for awhile!

I ditto my last week's goals because of that...
Christi said…
I, too, need to do something challenging each and every day!

Good luck with your week!
Lisa said…
I love your Granddaughter goal!

This week I'm going to do my best to eat well during a crazy week and start writing Christmas cards!
Unknown said…
I am going to start a little running on Tuesday after taking a couple of weeks off, and focus more on weights and picking a program to help with my running. I need to be more present as a mom also. This is my LAST WEEK of grad school, so I need to get my last project done!!
Unknown said…
I feel the same way. TIme to live in the present and embrace the many blessings! I wish you could read me a christmas story each night. Hehe!
LC
Overall- Just Enjoy :-)

Teacher- Find a way to vary learning while keeping it consistent

Teacher 2- Dive full force into the door contest ........ :-)

YrBk Adviser- Complete all that needs to be done

YBA 2- Control over chaos on Weds :-)

Athlete- Be grateful for the opportunities and push self a bit more...believing in self!

Personal Growth- Visualization/Meditation ... :-)

Writer- Play with the pieces.

Happy Moments to all.
Raquelita said…
As always, wonderful and inspiring goals! My immediate one is to get through the stacks of finals to grade quickly and efficiently this next week. Meditating is also on my list.
Clair said…
This time of year is always so chaotic that I'm making the concerted effort to just sit quietly for awhile. This week, it made a big difference.
Jill said…
This time of year makes me manic...I'm praying I get the tree up before Santa comes down the chimmeny. I do have the vast majority of my shopping done, but that. is. it! Hang in there chica!! Will be sending you an email in the next couple days with the blog exchange info. Yeah, just another THING to add to your plate. Hehe.
xo
Marci said…
Love your goals... esp the one about reading the Christmas story every night or day!

My goal for the week is to let my busted right knee heal :)
Velma said…
I need to get out my birtday thank yous.
Leah F said…
I need to get my Christmas decorations out of the box that's been sitting next to my kitchen counter for a week.

I also need to start working on my training schedule for when I start running again next week, now that I'm flying solo (read: without a coach).

Have a great week!
Unknown said…
My goal for the week is push-ups! and lots of them!
I love your goals...always. I have found myself writing at least one blog with goals involved and I always think of you. I've always been a goal person but I usally write them in my journal. Love your goal about the Christmas stories...I've really been trying to read at least one or two books with each kid during the day...sometimes more...so important!

Being present in my life seems to be HUGE for me...I find myself always looking to the future, dwelling on the past, or getting lost in the day to day stuff.
Beth said…
My goal for this week is to get enough sleep, with so much going on I am getting less and less. I also want to keep up on blogs, mine and others…
Caratunk Girl said…
Hi there! I also need something challenging every day or else I get bored.

My goals this week? Eat well, sleep enough, keep an eye on my grandpa, and get my training in.
Maggs said…
my big goal is to mail out my christmas presents. And buy christmas cards. What's your address?

Popular Posts