Two Points I Care to Share: Family and Food Related;)

1. Family: 
I try...I sorta really do try and give a lil' love to our 2 other family members below. Ya'd never know I had a ~150 lb Newfoundland dog, yes folks a freakin' 150lb DOG, and a 'what's the point' kitty (she NEVER let's you touch her..Wuh?) from this here blog. And, half the time I don't think about em' much myself. But this week when they came in from the rains and nestled together in our living room, I'm reminded that they deserve a lil' more love. Especially our newfie...bc he can't help his size, and we live in a ~1100 sq foot house!

So I wanted to give  a a word of thanks to these 2 lil' creatures. They each in their own way, make our house complete. With out them, we'd have no dog hair, incessant following me around the house, psycho kitty on the deck each early am demanding food, and so on. And it all works. And we love you. so thank you;-)

2: Food:
In the realm of Thanksgiving/Holidays, I wanted share my coffee kick. Ya'all know I love me some sugar coffees! YUM! But lately, I've found an equal 'kick' replacing my 'sugar/creamer' with my protein shake, and it rocks. But now w/the pumpkin spice/egg nog/ginger bread season upon us, I broke down the reality of adding either some of this Pumpkin Creamer  or my Protein Shake to my morning coffee.


And I realized why I gained  ~7lbs during the holidays last year..


Because this lil' Pumpkin Spice creamer packs in a whoppin' ~2200 calories per container!! And my Protein Shake?... (justified for volume)...just 480! 

yah...case in point for me. 

I love me some pumpkin spice coffee...but not THAT much!


So I'm attempting to make it a point to only have 1 of those super yummy flavored coffees a week (vs ~2x/a day!)

ANd those are my 2 points I cared to share;-) Now...Do you have any 2 points you'd care  to share? Would love to hear!

Comments

Anne-Marie said…
I had no idea you had a cat and dog! That is one huge dog! I love that term 'what's the point kitty' btw.

Hmm, 2 things to share... I'm really excited for Thanksgiving, and really not excited for a 2 hour trainer ride after work today. (thank goodness for Netflix!)
I just wanna snuggle with your newfie!! My golden is 80 lbs and seems pretty big! :) I will think about my 2 pts--good food (or spice) for thought!
Emz said…
YUMMMMMMMMMMMM pumpkin spice. Hard to turn down.

two things:

I should be cooking
I should be shopping
Jen said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I can't believe you have 150 lb dog!!! But he's SOOO cute and fluffy - I just want to hug him!

2 things:
1. I'm allergic to dairy but drink one pumpkin spice latte or Holiday london fog with real milk per week anyway.

2. Last night I ate raw cookie dough with a spoon from the container in my freezer. Then whined that I didn't feel good and can't lose weight. Hmmmm....
Caratunk Girl said…
I LOVE Newfies!! What is it with me and big hairy black dogs anyway?? Give that guy an ear flop for me!

Pumpkin spice stuff...MMMM
AM! said…
I sooo thought about u caratank girl!! you'd love my big guy!!
Aimee said…
I have a 95lb. dog that deserves more lovin from me too! I've been thinking alot about running with him again, but it's getting so cold outside! I need to figure out something though!
It's funny that you talked about the sweet coffees, but I love starbucks soy chai lattes! Yum! I too, have made a pact not to have more than 1 a week!
XLMIC said…
I used to sit for a big newfie. I always wanted one when I was younger. Had a weird notion of having a newfie and a pyrenees and a red alfa romeo spider... driving around w/ the two dogs in the back and the top down. Yes, I already acknowledged that it was a weird notion!

2 pts. to share:

1. laundry does NOT fold itself.
2. I don't think I can even pay someone to take my awful funky chicken toy off of my hands.
1. All of you Moms out there- are beyond amazing. Thank you for all that you do.

2. I cannot escape Middle Schoolers!!!!! Dear Heavens.... :-)

Note- I *just* returned from a Kids with Cancer and Family Night where I vol.... and it was the Moms who needed more help relaxing/visualizing/meditating than the KIDS!

We even convinced (we think!) 2 Moms to come back at the adult-only night in 2 weeks!! :-)

Seriously... seeing what these Moms do/go through/etc. for their kids... it blew me away!

The 2 kids I got to work with.. middle schoolers! Both A-named. :-) One (the boy) was so hungry he got an extra pizza and Mom was taking him out for french fries!! :-)

So...thank you to all of you Moms..and to all of the MS folks.. well... I love you! :-)
Unknown said…
had no idea about the pets. :) My dog could definitely use some more lovin!

1. I could stand to be more nurturing.
2. bed times need to be instated. FOR ME!
RunningWhit said…
Love your post honoring your pets! My 2 things...I know that I tend to overeat sugary treats at work when I'm bored. I'm hoping to fight that temptation this holiday season. 2nd thing is that I'm super excited to put up my Christmas lights.
sarah said…
Your dog is awesome! I love big dogs. And this post reminds me to give a little extra attention to my parents' cats, when I go home tomorrow. The older one is definitely in his twilight years, and he could use some extra attention. Thanks for the reminder!
Regina said…
I Love a big dog!!! I also used to have a psycho kitty;what is it about cats and neuroses?

My husband used to use the hazelnut creamer in his coffee every morning. He decided to switch to honey (in coffee? ew!) and he dropped 10 lbs.!! Unreal.

my two points...hmmm

I'm glad I don't like sweet coffee, ha!

Need to do more sketching..falling behind in my sketchbook project.
Unknown said…
Hi - just came across your blog and am reading old posts.

Curious about the protein shake and coffee... you just add it instead of the creamer?

Popular Posts