GFTW 48: Is it (virtually) December already?

Hi All! It's been an action packed friends and family filled past four days! And I'm now lookin' ahead and shakin' my head in disbelief that December is (virtually) here. really? holy cow.

And this week I'm working WAY more than normal (four full days vs. one), and we've got santa slash holiday events sprinkled on top of that. double holy cow.

AND this whole month brings awesome seasonal mayhem, my dear hubby's b-day, my twin kiddos b-day y mas. okay...triple holy cow.

But before I start hyperventilating, I gotta remember that I'm (virtually) okay and ready. Although as luck would find me on this Sunday evening to regroup and validate my readiness- I'm left w/out MY bible-my organizer! It's at work, so I'm left to brainstorm my goals on an old 2009 calendar page found in my winter coat I donned this wknd. But ain't that how it all works?

But before I get to my GFTW, I wanted to give a lil' teaser on how fantastilicious our community Turkey Trot went. It'll have it's own post, but wanted to share a pic of me with fellow blogger XLMIC at TakingitOn, who drove ~50 min to participate. Woo-hoo! Go Marjorie! Thank YOU for making the trek to run the trot!;-) Like I said in my last post, we running peeps are tight (and not just cuz we wear em) ;-)


So now...w/out further adieu, here are my Goals for the Week:

Athlete: Remember that I am one. How about that? follow my EZ spin, run, swim, strength training outline.

Health: Water baby. And 2 egg nog lattes this week: Tues and Sat, the other times, use my protein drink


Mom: With working a lot, ensure ~ 15 minutes of quality 'something' time with each of them each day: soccer, coloring, reading a book or two, cooking together, whatever. Just make that time count. 

Personal Growth: Catch myself breathing, and when I do, appreciate it. Slow it down, make it deep, take it in, listen to it. Feel my heart and body. With all that's going on this week/month, imbibe on this lil' treat;-)

As always, I write these down on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and review it each morning as I chug my coffee and review my day. That's what's on my radar. Now...I wanna know...what do YOU have lined up for this week? Talk to me, talk to me! Post it here! And if you've never posted a goal here..give it a gonow;-)

Comments

Aimee said…
I also cannot believe that Dec. is almost here! I keep saying this every month, but the time is just going by sooo fast!
I'm glad your Turkey Trot went well! I can't wait to read all about it!
XLMIC said…
That Turkey Trot was GREAT! Look at how cute we look in that picture ;-) But you can tell that it was cold! Thanks so much for extending the invitation! You and Gina attract a really NICE group of people!

Goals:

food: this one's lame but immediate... do NOT finish the cheesecake and/or pumpkin pie that is in the fridge! 3/4 of each is more than my fair share... Keep up the good fruit and veggie work.

self-care: take time to put feet up every day this week for at least 10 minutes... feet actually UP.

kids: something special for each one every day... even if just a quick made-up story at bedtime. remember how great a difference a little extra patience and compassion can make... and practice them!

husband: be more understanding and attentive.

friends: reach out to a few every day... especially the ones struggling. return emails promptly.

housework: ummmm... working toward NO laundry build-up this week. that's a biggie for me!

I love GFTW! So helpful that you do this!
Christina said…
Athlete: Getting 3 runs in this week (20 miles total).

Home: Wash all sheets and clean all guest bedrooms. Put up Christmas tree.

Girlfriend: Do 1 nice thing for the boyfriend (massage, fix breakfast, warm clothes in dryer for him before he gets out of the shower).

Health: Do not eat out. Fix my own lunch.
Love your goal about slowing down to breathe and notice your breathe. I need to do this too!

Marriage: Make time for each other...quality time. It is easy to just want to go our separate ways after the kids go to bed. We are both so tired and when we have quiet time, it is easy to forget about working on quality time as a couple and instead just plug in somewhere else....computers, t.v, books, blogs...
Hope you have a good week!
Unknown said…
I always love your goals because they remind me each week of how what I need to focus on as well. And for that, I am thankful!
LC
Jennifer said…
As usual great set of weekly goals. For me I just need to get through finals with my students intact and my sanity. On the running front I need to get back to a normal routine for my taper and stay healthy! Happy to hear you had such an excellent holiday!
Julie said…
Hi Anne Marie,
Way to get out there and run in a Turkey Trot! It is so hard to believe that Christmas is just a few weeks away! Holy crap, I am so not ready and I feel guilty because I have an almost five year old:)

What kind of protein drink do you use? Can you tell the difference if you are not drinking them? Just curious:)

Have a great week!
Alison said…
Oh oh oh, I needed this reminder this week. And it's a huge help to see how busy you are and how level headed you're being able dealing with it. Makes me think that spinning off the deep end isn't the only option ;-)

On which note, I think my most important goal this week has to be personal growth: do what I can, and don't beat myself up about what goes beyond my limits.

Looking forward to the Turkey Trot recap!
Teamarcia said…
I feel the same way...hold on for dear life because December madness is just about here!
Christi said…
Enjoy December because before we know it will be January 2011!
AM! said…
Hi everyone!
Great goals out there, and good reminders for me too. thx!
Beth said…
I love goals for the week! I would love to ask you about your Vineman experience (other than your race report) I am planning on doing a full in 2012 and right now Vineman is top of the list.

My Goal for the week: Don’t skip any workouts (keepin’ it simple)
Overall Theme- Simplify, Simplify, Simplify! (from Thoreau)

Self- Remember to make myself a priority. :-)

Self 2- Commit (daily si es posible) to the 3 things I thought of when I asked myself, "If I could improve my quality of life, what would I do?" before I started the hill repeats on Sun's run.

Self 3- Water- increase that daily intake.

Teacher- Do one 1 fun thing each week of December for/with each class.


Teacher 2- Do 1 fun thing for me at work each week.

Athlete- Get the work outs in, and break out of the comfort zone.

Writer- play, have fun with the pieces, let them guide me.

Happy Goal Creating and Making Reality All!

:-)
Triple holy cow is right....LOL
It sounds busy at your end!

Popular Posts