What's Working and Not So Much...

1. I busted out this casserole yesterday for my friend w/newborn and family for dinner. Ya remember those first few weeks of newborn hood? ay, ay, ay. Well, this casserole looks and tastes like I cooked for hours...and uh..not the case. Let's say ~40 min tops.

2. This morning I participated at the local school's Jog a Thon.  Although, I think the event should be called 'Sprint-Walk-a thon'. It was nice to connect with former colleagues and kids who I've ran with and currently do through Girls on the Run Program.




3. And I just got this from Fed Ex. Like, it literally just arrived. Wasn't expecting anything, but when I saw it was for moi, and who it was from.. I beamed! So excited about it, I had to race to the computer and whip up this post right now. The boxes are from BROOKS and I can only guess they're my new running shoes and shorts! Can't wait to try em out!

Not so Much:

1. I'm getting a lil' tickle in the back of my throat. Ya know the kind that precursors a sickness of some sort? noooo...don't need this right now (i guess when do we?). But I bought some medicine with Zinc properties in it and I hope that works.

 That's what's working for me and not so much over here. Would love to hear what's working for you (and not so much) this week for you! I'm off to take another Zinc medicine;)

Comments

misszippy said…
That casserole looks great and I KNOW that new mama appreciated it!

Hope the zinc works for you. It's always my go-to also.
justme said…
how can you post that photo and NO recipe with it....
Jason said…
The casserole pic came up on my blogroll and I had to click on this as soon as I saw it. Looks delicious.

What's working: US Open Championships this weekend.....yeah!

What's not working: Tapering....ugh!!!!!
Anne-Marie said…
I agree w/ trifitmom - you need to post that recipe! :)

What's working for me: early morning runs before work! I spent most of the summer running in the warmer parts of the days to acclimate for Louisville, and I forgot how nice it is to start the day off with a run.

What's not working: this weather! today is the third day in a row of overcast skies, low 50's temps, and rain... where are those crisp fall days with sun and blue skies???

Enjoy your new Brooks gear!! :)
Emz said…
YAY food photos! I'm a sucker for food photos but now if I have a choice between boxes filled with goodies and food.

I
choose
boxes.

Then, left-overs. ;)
Laura said…
oil of oregano: when you feel a cold coming on take this for a day - it usually goes away. for me anyway;) My latest shipment is crossing the Canadian border as i write this.
teacherwoman said…
As for what's NOT working - rest rest rest and fluids fluids fluids. That's how I keep things at bay!
AM! said…
oil of oregano....hmm...never have heard of this.

must investigate!


and agree teacherwoman, I just better get to bed at a decent hour. already in my pj's for the night (tmi?;-)
Jill said…
Oh how I remember those spring-walk-athon days :).

Hope the tickle is all gone by tomorrow!!!

HUGS!!
Aimee said…
That casserole looks yummy!
Yay for new Brooks shoes and clothes!
I hope you're not getting sick! Drink lots of fluids and get as much rest as possible!
Clair said…
I hope you're able to keep the cold away! Enjoy your new gear!

What's working for me this week? Time in the sunshine. Just a few minutes makes me feel so much better, and now that the weather's nice in SF I'm taking full advantage.
Alison said…
Noooo, I hope you don't get sick! :-(

Working for me: being vegan. So far it's been a breeze (thought I've yet to try and go out to dinner..)

Not working for me: not being able to run.
Unknown said…
oh that looks good! what it is? Try taking siler and zinc tablets. Thats helps fast!
Velma said…
Feel Better - love me some boxes!
Ewa said…
Don't you just love those packages arriving at your door. I love our UPS guy (he's been delivering in our area at least for 10 years)
Christi said…
I love surprises from the Fedex man!

What's working for me-running. What's not working for me-diet!
Rae said…
I love getting big boxes in the mail. :)
Lisa said…
Yay for new shoes!!

That casserole looks fantastic! I'm headed to visit my sister and her family for the weekend - she just had a baby girl last Sunday (and they have a 2 year old, too)! I think I could really use the recipe for your caserole! ;)

(head over to my blog tonight for the weekly chobani giveaway. it's the last I'm going to do!)
Sherri said…
Working for me....I tried your goals this week...I tried to follow your lay out! It worked like a charm! I think you should write a book...balancing the life of a mother!

not so much....laundry!!!

I hope you feel better soon!

Popular Posts